Bringing expensive gaming pc to Uni?

Watch
natily
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all,
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but I want to bring my gaming/desktop PC to university with me, but I'm scared of it being stolen/damaged etc. I know most people bring laptops (which I will be as well), but I can't survive without my PC, especially as I'll probably sign up to a lot of gaming/esports societies and hopefully competing in the NUEL for games like League of Legends, where I just can't play on a laptop. Is it a bad idea to bring it?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It will be locked inside your room so it’ll be fine. I couldn’t live without mine either in first year.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As long as you lock your door when you leave your room it should be fine.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't advertise that you have an expensive computer in your room and you'll be fine.

I took a TV and three games consoles away with me to uni as well as an expensive laptop. I kept hush about it.
Cheesybread
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Keep your door locked and don't keep talking about/ advertising about it. It will be fine. My flatmate in first year had one, he told me nothing happened
The Serious
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What laptop do you have?
natily
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The Serious)
What laptop do you have?
LENOVO IdeaPad S340 14"
Has 8GB RAM and AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor.
It can definitely run League and some other games, I just prefer playing on a desktop PC. And sometimes I occasionally stream.
Ambsey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just keep your door locked, especially if you don't trust your housemates. Avoid telling people that you brought your gaming PC and you should be fine. But, tbh most students would have brought some expensive stuff that they're worried that will get stolen or damaged like laptops, phones, expensive headphones, so don't worry too much and take precautions to look after your stuff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (242)
33.85%
No (473)
66.15%

Watched Threads