The Student Room Group

Advice on pill

I take 21 day pill since a year ago correctly. Last night I had sex and then took pill as usual but vomited an hour later so I took 9 hours later the next days pill. Am I safe and do I take again next days pill later today? Also do I have 8 day break as I finish early because of this mistake or should I start next pack a day early which messes up my system?
Original post by Anonymous
I take 21 day pill since a year ago correctly. Last night I had sex and then took pill as usual but vomited an hour later so I took 9 hours later the next days pill. Am I safe and do I take again next days pill later today? Also do I have 8 day break as I finish early because of this mistake or should I start next pack a day early which messes up my system?

if it was within 12 hours then it should be okay, check the leaflet but generally a longer break means you wouldn't be protected so i think it will say stick to 7.
Whereabouts in your packet did you "miss" the pill? If you took the previous 7 days properly, risk of pregnancy is low.
Continue to take your pills as normal at normal time, if in doubt or anxious, use condoms for seven days.
Do not have an 8 day break, that would increase your risk of getting pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest