The Student Room Group

Which to attend, UCL or King's?

This poll is closed

Which to choose as Firm Choice?

University College London (BSc Social Sciences) 58%
King's College London (BA Social Sciences)42%
Total votes: 12
I am non-EU international applicant who is intending to start my undergraduate study in the UK.

I got offered from some Social Sciences courses below and am still deciding which to attend from September 2020 between two following courses:

- University College London (BSc Social Sciences)
- King’s College London (BA Social Sciences)

In a time for preparing my application, I have researched on both courses very well in terms of curriculum, school characteristics, graduates’ career, and so on.

However, I am not familiar with public impression for these schools in the UK, so that please could you vote and tell me your options in order to use them as reference of firm choice.

In addition to voting, I would be grateful if you could post your opinions and reasons.
Original post by Hinatazaka
I am non-EU international applicant who is intending to start my undergraduate study in the UK.

I got offered from some Social Sciences courses below and am still deciding which to attend from September 2020 between two following courses:

In a time for preparing my application, I have researched on both courses very well in terms of curriculum, school characteristics, graduates’ career, and so on.

However, I am not familiar with public impression for these schools in the UK, so that please could you vote and tell me your options in order to use them as reference of firm choice.

In addition to voting, I would be grateful if you could post your opinions and reasons.

UCL then KCL
Original post by Hinatazaka

Public impression - UCL >>> KCL by a mile
UCL is ranked in most courses and overall above KCL, but not by much. I wouldn't base your decisions on ranking anyway, especially at such small differences.

You may want to ask if you want to do a BSc or BA, where you want to live (both are very different campuses/areas of London) and what you want to do after graduating
Original post by Noodlzzz
UCL is ranked in most courses and overall above KCL, but not by much. I wouldn't base your decisions on ranking anyway, especially at such small differences.

You may want to ask if you want to do a BSc or BA, where you want to live (both are very different campuses/areas of London) and what you want to do after graduating

Yah UCL has a campus but KCL doesn't.
Original post by jumpman123
Yah UCL has a campus but KCL doesn't.

Neither have campuses as they are both city based. UCL (where I attended) was spread out over most of central London (plus halls where even further spread out)
I would deter you from UCL (I am a student here) as there are already too many students here for the tiny size of its campus. However, if you must come, I think UCL is better than KCL and perhaps a Bsc is more valuable than a BA for career options (?)

(If you want to know, I regret coming here and would have gone to a university elsewhere in the country with better facilities/space/managment as these are very poor at UCL)
Original post by eeiiiiio
I would deter you from UCL (I am a student here) as there are already too many students here for the tiny size of its campus. However, if you must come, I think UCL is better than KCL and perhaps a Bsc is more valuable than a BA for career options (?)

(If you want to know, I regret coming here and would have gone to a university elsewhere in the country with better facilities/space/managment as these are very poor at UCL)

Same with KCL, as a KCL student.
I would definitely recommend KCL (but BSc route)... My personal experience has been really good. The thing about KCL is that you can really get to know your professors and they are so down to earth I was amazed. They provide you with opportunities to join their research, open up job roles in their labs, the support from professors is just sooooo good (an e-mail away at least when it comes to communication).. I have had such great experience in my 3yr research project; my supervisor let me join his teaching sessions for lower years to demonstrate skills for example, be part of a international scheme where students come to see lab research in different universities... as a third yr student i got to teach my skills to masters students on rotation and it was just so incredible (by definition empowering).. by the end of your degree you are guaranteed to know so many different scientists working on amazing cutting edge research (and these connections are so valuable)... and from all my friends i know this isn’t something just I experienced... which is why after doing my masters at KCL as well I’m going back there again this September
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending