The Student Room Group

How can I improve my looks?

So i’m a 21 year old guy and I don’t think my looks will change anymore now and i’m still classed as unattractive which isn’t great. Iv been looking into this typic now for about a year trying to make improvements.

What iv tried
.Hit the gym for over a year now and built some good size
.Skin care products to get flawless skin (It hasn’t worked and iv still got some like acne scare marks on my cheeks which iv had for about a year and won’t go away)
.Growing facial hair, seems to be ok but it doesn’t connect mustache and beard and it doesn’t grow very thick on my cheeks really.
.Removing blackheads off my nose, Iv used any packs of strips, blackhead remover machine and tools. Still not all gone but it’s a work in progress.
. Skin fade haircut, looks good imo, no issues.
.Eyebrow clean up, which is difficult because I don’t want it to look too girly, but when cleaned up looks cleaner but not perfect.
. Teeth whitening kit, not very white but good enough.
.Buying more trendy clothes, including some designer brands to make myself more stylish but not overboard on designer stuff just a few items. I’m happy with my style, I think it’s good.

Iv tried all of this but it still doesn’t seem good enough to get a girls attention. When I try talk to girls I like, I get fobbed off before I can even speak. Can’t match anyone I like in dating apps.

Not sure what
idk a picture would be useful. tbh girls really dont obsess over looks as a guy. how tall r u. you can be a 11/10 and some girls will reject you for an average looking 6'3 dude

try minoxidl for beard, dont buy clothes/haircuts for the sake of getting girls get what u feel confident in. as i mentioned to another dude dont talk to 1 get anygirls number regardless if shes ur type or not, practice+gain confidence.
(edited 4 years ago)
For the acne scars try 'The Ordinary' peeling solution. It's amazing and my acne scars had faded within a week. Not that acne scars would put a girl off (or if they do then there's something wrong with them) but may help with your self esteem :smile: Self confidence is a big factor so as long as you're happy with yourself I'm sure you'll find someone who's right for you and feels the same way!
You need to be comfortable with who you are and how you look, a lack of confidence shines out like a beacon. Be yourself, try to be happy with how you look because trying too hard isn't going to get you anywhere. It's more about personality and chemistry. I know some people who could wear a potato sack and still come across as amazing people.
Reply 4
Original post by thatman100
idk a picture would be useful. tbh girls really dont obsess over looks as a guy. how tall r u. you can be a 11/10 and some girls will reject you for an average looking 6'3 dude

try minoxidl for beard, dont buy clothes/haircuts for the sake of getting girls get what u feel confident in. as i mentioned to another dude dont talk to 1 get anygirls number regardless if shes ur type or not, practice+gain confidence.

I can’t really do that I feel bad if I lead someone on, it’s just not me. Also i’m not that tall i’m only 6ft
Reply 5
Original post by legallyroyal63
For the acne scars try 'The Ordinary' peeling solution. It's amazing and my acne scars had faded within a week. Not that acne scars would put a girl off (or if they do then there's something wrong with them) but may help with your self esteem :smile: Self confidence is a big factor so as long as you're happy with yourself I'm sure you'll find someone who's right for you and feels the same way!

Cool i’ll buy that thing and give it a go. Also I was happy with myself, iv just never found someone who right for me so i’m actively chasing it now
Reply 6
You're doing the right things. Hair, clothing and cosmetic dentistry are the most practical and effective things in my experience. Complexion and facial features the most difficult. I don't believe that with these things you can transform physical appearance to achieve the initial success that people have who have the luck of great appearance - and this is very frustrating. However it does make a difference and also attractiveness is on partly appearance based, thankfully repartee and personality do count too. Its about tenacity, resilience and patience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi :smile:

So first of all, confidence is the most attractive thing anyone can have - if you want to be more attractive to girls, you need to do things that make you feel confident!

Most people see themselves as far less attractive than they are because they focus on all the bad bits. Nearly everyone has attractive qualities. Also, your looks might well still change a bit - as your face matures it may take on different qualities.

If your facial hair is patchy, then consider getting rid of it. It may be better to have none than to have wispy or patchy facial hair. Otherwise, just keep it neat. Personally I don't like it when men get a neck beard, but that's just me.

Don't just focus purely on the visuals either - the way you smell makes a lot of difference. Body spray and aftershave can be a game-changer, so long as you don't overdo it obviously.

In terms of your scarring, have you tried a gentle acid tonic? Nip&Fab do a good one. It'll help exfoliate and regenerate your skin. If you have scarring I would avoid scrubs on these areas as they may redden the scars and draw attention to them.

Ultimately though, patience is key - you will meet women who find you attractive. Just keep looking after yourself!
Reply 8
Original post by erwinterbone
Hi :smile:

So first of all, confidence is the most attractive thing anyone can have - if you want to be more attractive to girls, you need to do things that make you feel confident!

Most people see themselves as far less attractive than they are because they focus on all the bad bits. Nearly everyone has attractive qualities. Also, your looks might well still change a bit - as your face matures it may take on different qualities.

If your facial hair is patchy, then consider getting rid of it. It may be better to have none than to have wispy or patchy facial hair. Otherwise, just keep it neat. Personally I don't like it when men get a neck beard, but that's just me.

Don't just focus purely on the visuals either - the way you smell makes a lot of difference. Body spray and aftershave can be a game-changer, so long as you don't overdo it obviously.

In terms of your scarring, have you tried a gentle acid tonic? Nip&Fab do a good one. It'll help exfoliate and regenerate your skin. If you have scarring I would avoid scrubs on these areas as they may redden the scars and draw attention to them.

Ultimately though, patience is key - you will meet women who find you attractive. Just keep looking after yourself!

So with my facial hair it isn’t patch it’s just less thick on my checks compared to the rest which isn’t ideal tbh, but I don’t think it looks awful either. But maybe i’m wrong.

For smell iv been using Dior aftershave but for some reason the smell does stay on my skin for longer than 30mins. So i’ll need to try another one.

The scaring iv used a cream which was recommended to me but hasn’t seem to have worked. But i’m very open to try things go get rid of them.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I can’t really do that I feel bad if I lead someone on, it’s just not me. Also i’m not that tall i’m only 6ft

6'0 is tall. im 6'0 but would rather be 6'2 6'4 but whatever. still tower over my mates.

idk what to suggest to u other than dont be a nice guy
6'0 is tall. im 6'0 but would rather be 6'2 6'4 but whatever. still tower over my mates.

idk what to suggest to u other than dont be a nice guy

Does that really work? Not being nice to girls? I thought that was more of a movie thing?
It’s not exactly like his, it’s a full beard bar the mustache connection. But the hair is just less dense on my cheek area compared to the rest. So it’s not a perfect beard but I don’t think it’s awful either. It’s just not ideal.
Original post by Anonymous
Does that really work? Not being nice to girls? I thought that was more of a movie thing?

nothing turns most girls off that a polite guy showering her with compliments. she'd rather date a roadman with a nicotine addiction than a smart quiet respectful guy.

also before u get the wrong idea dont go calling her ugly for no reason. just dont give her any compliments without dishing out a negative thing. e.g i like ur nails, are they real? she'll be happy then a lil insecure. another e.g only if shes white/asian 'is that ur natural hair(if its curled). looks nice though'
(edited 4 years ago)
nothing turns most girls off that a polite guy showering her with compliments. she'd rather date a roadman with a nicotine addiction than a smart quiet respectful guy.

also before u get the wrong idea dont go calling her ugly for no reason. just dont give her any compliments without dishing out a negative thing. e.g i like ur nails, are they real? she'll be happy then a lil insecure. another e.g only if shes white/asian 'is that ur natural hair(if its curled). looks nice though'

What is this advice😂😂 I do get the unnecessary complimenting bit but the negative compliments method seems a bit weird and would definitely put me off lol
Original post by legallyroyal63
What is this advice😂😂 I do get the unnecessary complimenting bit but the negative compliments method seems a bit weird and would definitely put me off lol

thats the easiest way to explain it. its a psychological thing. your complimenting but also knocking her self esteem down. but i dont suggest OP take this route lol. better to simp that turn manipulative.
Guys don't need to be good looking to attract women. Dress well and be self assured. Women are always better looking than guys so don't expect to be more attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending