Weight loss

Watch
wannabenurse:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can anyone give me tips on diet plans, how to remember to drink water and how to lose specifically chin fat. I dont have a double chin but i do want to slim it down a bit to make me more confident
ANS_3152
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wannabenurse:))
Can anyone give me tips on diet plans, how to remember to drink water and how to lose specifically chin fat. I dont have a double chin but i do want to slim it down a bit to make me more confident
It is important when starting a diet to not be too restrictive as it will have a worse affect in the long term because you are unlikely to stick to it. In order to lose weight you need to eat less calories but ensure the calories you are eating are the right ones (fruit, fish, nuts etc.). For the water element I used to have an app called 'plant nanny' which allowed you to water your plants every time you drank and it let you know when they were thirsty (ie. you needed to drink). I did that until drinking enough water just became a habit. In general you cannot target a part of your body to lose fat as you have to do it more holistically with an exercise plan. However, I would recommend using toner as I feel it tightens my face and makes it look slimmer. Also, I am pretty sure there are facial exercises out there, but I'm not sure how effective they are as I have never tried them. Hope this helped and good luck
wannabenurse:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ANS_3152)
It is important when starting a diet to not be too restrictive as it will have a worse affect in the long term because you are unlikely to stick to it. In order to lose weight you need to eat less calories but ensure the calories you are eating are the right ones (fruit, fish, nuts etc.). For the water element I used to have an app called 'plant nanny' which allowed you to water your plants every time you drank and it let you know when they were thirsty (ie. you needed to drink). I did that until drinking enough water just became a habit. In general you cannot target a part of your body to lose fat as you have to do it more holistically with an exercise plan. However, I would recommend using toner as I feel it tightens my face and makes it look slimmer. Also, I am pretty sure there are facial exercises out there, but I'm not sure how effective they are as I have never tried them. Hope this helped and good luck
thanks for the tips. I cant, however, do the water one as i dont have a phone. Any other suggestions?
ANS_3152
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wannabenurse:))
thanks for the tips. I cant, however, do the water one as i dont have a phone. Any other suggestions?
If you work out how much water you need in a day and split that up in a manageable way, e.g. i need 200ml before 9am, then it won't be too overwhelming. Also, have a bottle of water with you at all times as seeing it will remind you to drink and will probably make you feel thirsty.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (271)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (274)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
9.97%
Isolating with family (123)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (78)
4.47%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (146)
8.36%
Loneliness (173)
9.91%
Financial worries (69)
3.95%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (159)
9.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (124)
7.1%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (155)
8.88%

Watched Threads