What is Johnson doing? Coronavirus

Watch
Anonymousamie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

We’re currently the 10th country in the world in terms of the number of cases across each nation, yet here we are doing nothing but singing happy birthday twice. It’s such a joke and countries will hundreds of cases less than us have imposed way more extreme measures. Yes yes I know about herd immunity, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me and exposes the elderly even further.
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 3 weeks ago
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymousamie)
We’re currently the 10th country in the world in terms of the number of cases across each nation, yet here we are doing nothing but singing happy birthday twice. It’s such a joke and countries will hundreds of cases less than us have imposed way more extreme measures. Yes yes I know about herd immunity, but it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me and exposes the elderly even further.
Are you taking personal responsibility and self isolating?
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What we shouldn't do is panic. You sound like you are panicing. Shutting everything down simply delays the outbreak to resume at the point we come out of hiding. Most of us are going to get this virus. The question is how do we achieve this without putting too much stress on the NHS?

What do you suggest?
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Not yet, but I’m starting to get a dry cough so I think I need to.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
What we shouldn't do is panic. You sound like you are panicing. Shutting everything down simply delays the outbreak to resume at the point we come out of hiding. Most of us are going to get this virus. The question is how do we achieve this without putting too much stress on the NHS?

What do you suggest?
I don’t know
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

What do you suggest?
We can start by nuking the wet markets in China and holding the corrupt CCP accountable for allowing these vile businesses to operate, all because of money.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
We can start by nuking the wet markets in China and holding the corrupt CCP accountable for allowing these vile businesses to operate, all because of money.
Everything is because of stupid money, even the government’s response.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t know
Exactly. So criticising our politicans who are frankly making decisions about something that has caught us all on the hop isn't going to help anyone is it?
HarryOnTap
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Quady)
Dude that's hard when you have assessment deadlines coming up, presentations, seminars, exams. As of yet nothing has been confirmed what will happen in most schools/universities. they're waiting for government guidance
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
And that helps absolutely no one. It is that rather childish point of view that is seeing people who fall ill being assalted and victimised.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not yet, but I’m starting to get a dry cough so I think I need to.
Why didn't you think you needed to before?

What have you been doing?
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
Exactly. So criticising our politicans who are frankly making decisions about something that has caught us all on the hop isn't going to help anyone is it?
I’m allowed to have a damn opinion and half the posts I’ve read on here agree with me because the government will end up leaving it too late and we’ll lose our loved ones over the economy.
(Original post by HarryOnTap)
Dude that's hard when you have assessment deadlines coming up, presentations, seminars, exams. As of yet nothing has been confirmed what will happen in most schools/universities. they're waiting for government guidance
Completely agree. I have A level exams and I’ve been revising for months, so I don’t want it all to go to waste, but it’s hard to know anything when the government is practically saying “we’ll see”.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Why didn't you think you needed to before?

What have you been doing?
Hmmm, a user on the student room...what could I have been doing? Maybe getting my dang education?
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What should he do? Close everything and then let it spread once lockdown is lifted? What hes doing is right. Eventually, most of us will get it. Take responsibility and self isolate if you have any new symptoms.
Anonymousamie
Rep:
?
(Original post by hotchocolate66)
What should he do? Close everything and then let it spread once lockdown is lifted? What hes doing is right. Eventually, most of us will get it. Take responsibility and self isolate if you have any new symptoms.
Do whatever China did. See how significantly their cases have dropped, whereas ours are getting worse by the day.
hotchocolate66
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do whatever China did. See how significantly their cases have dropped, whereas ours are getting worse by the day.
It's not going to help as their gov is authoritarian. UK isnt. People will go about with their day and you cant stop it.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hotchocolate66)
He should do whatever is necessary. Even scientists doubt his plan.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Try to protect yourself.
zecretive
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What China did was extreme isolation because they were told to by the government, and it was effective because no one had human contact. Our government isn't telling us much, they won't even close schools let alone put us in isolation, so we can't do what they did unless we're told to.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And that helps absolutely no one. It is that rather childish point of view that is seeing people who fall ill being assalted and victimised.
I beg to differ, if these wet markets especially the ones in China were eradicated for good, many new pandemics would be prevented in the future. Most pandemics throughout history always started in China because of backwards and unhygienic practices like these.

And I don't know what you mean by the rest of your post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads