How much student finance will I get london studying?

Watch
frankie040897
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi!

I'm looking about going to university and leaving my job, I would be studying in London but living in Reading with my partner, I was just wondering do I stand on the side of I get put in the london category because I'm studying there or do I get put in the normal category because I won't be living in london just studying, I'm really struggling to find an actual answer.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I would recommend ringing Student Finance and asking, but I would think you would be put in the normal category.

When you use the maintenance loan calculator on the government website, you say where you are 'living' (at home, away from home in London, away from home outside London, abroad). You are living outside London.

Students in London get extra maintenance loan because rent and shopping etc. is more expensive in London. If you're paying rent and things outside of London, then you aren't having to pay those extra costs, and so I can't imagine they'd give you a bigger loan to cover it.
Last edited by bfm.mcdermott; 3 weeks ago
FBH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, there is a student finance calculator that can help you calculate funds depending on where you live.

You would put the place you’re living in, so reading, therefore your answer would be the ‘normal category’.

Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (241)
33.75%
No (473)
66.25%

Watched Threads