Is there a good chance of us starving to death because of coronavirus?

Watch
hello1999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Shops in my area are pretty much out of food, tried booking online and no where has any slots for THREE WEEKS! What happens when we run out of food? Are shelves ever going to get restocked??

VT Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 week ago
r3320
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
in short, i wouldn’t worry about this just yet!
tubphonecase
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, we won't starve. A lot of people will die though, just not of starvation (in the UK at least). The government will just let all the old and immunocompromised people die, as seems to be the plan at the moment.
Johnny123456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hello1999)
Shops in my area are pretty much out of food, tried booking online and no where has any slots for THREE WEEKS! What happens when we run out of food? Are shelves ever going to get restocked??
Stockpile. If possible, buy a chicken while you still can. Those eggs will provide precious nutrients.
hotchocolate66
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lockdown advocates will let us starve to death.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Of course they will. The problem isn't that supermarkets aren't being restocked, the problem is that people are buying more than usual and supermarkets are struggling to cope with the demand. In most cases, travel restrictions apply to commercial travel, not goods. So the issue is demand-side, not supply-side. Do not stockpile unnecessarily. This is literally the cause of the problem and you are screwing over everybody else by doing this. You will be fine.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
Is it possible you could get off your backside and actually go to the shop to buy groceries?
goggleyed
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Shops always restock and they have to. They've probably taken the orders off online due to all the selfish people out there who will no doubt stock up on way too much stuff, not leaving any for anyone else. Its pretty smart really. At least if you shop in person theres only a certain amount that you can fill a trolley or two with.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can live off not very much for quite a while.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (21)
75%
No (4)
14.29%
Not sure (3)
10.71%

Watched Threads