Fujitsu Degree Apprenticeship 2020 - Cyber Security - Warrington Video Interview

Watch
askayoi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Has anyone else applied to any of the apprenticeships at Fujitsu? I did the initial application as well as the online aptitude tests and now have been invited to do a video interview, has anyone completed this video interview/ what sort of questions did they ask?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by askayoi)
Has anyone else applied to any of the apprenticeships at Fujitsu? I did the initial application as well as the online aptitude tests and now have been invited to do a video interview, has anyone completed this video interview/ what sort of questions did they ask?
Hey, congratulations on getting this far! I'm sure there are others who have also applied (and hopefully this bump to your thread will help them see it).

I haven't got experience of their application process but as an apprentice that has just completed a 3 year scheme, my best advice for any apprenticeship interview is to be yourself and do your research on the company.

Also, take a look at projects you've completed and things you have been involved in and try to pick out the key skills you gained or developed. Having a few examples of these will surely come in handy

Good luck with your interview and let me know how it goes!
Chris2892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations on the interview! You’ve successfully passed the first stage.

My employer often uses video interviews for L3 apprentices and graduates as the initial interview stage after application.The video interview may involve a slide reel where questions will be followed by a timed period in which you to answer the question.

Questions are usually around why you have chosen to apply and what personal qualities you have.My recommendation would be to answer any statements you make with examples of where you displayed that quality. The hardest one perhaps being “what is your greatest weakness?”. This is an opportunity for you to show where you have identified a lack of knowledge or skill and demonstrate how you have taken action to improve this. For example: “My mathematics requires improvement, however, during final year I took on some optional math lessons.”

My other tips would be, align yourself with the company philosophy. Companies often have a wider business or industry shared view or a particular moral drive behind their work. Try to align yourself with this in your questions. This could be improving people’s lives, reducing green house gas emissions, reaching more vulnerable people etc.

Don’t worry too much if you sound nervous during your video interview, I haven’t seen one when somebody hasn’t. It shows you care about the interview and we’re reviewing the answers, not so much the delivery.Although, it would be wise to dress appropriately and ensure you have a plain background in your video interview.Hope this helps.
Last edited by Chris2892; 2 weeks ago
askayoi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Hey, congratulations on getting this far! I'm sure there are others who have also applied (and hopefully this bump to your thread will help them see it).

I haven't got experience of their application process but as an apprentice that has just completed a 3 year scheme, my best advice for any apprenticeship interview is to be yourself and do your research on the company.

Also, take a look at projects you've completed and things you have been involved in and try to pick out the key skills you gained or developed. Having a few examples of these will surely come in handy

Good luck with your interview and let me know how it goes!
(Original post by Chris2892)
Congratulations on the interview! You’ve successfully passed the first stage.

My employer often uses video interviews for L3 apprentices and graduates as the initial interview stage after application.The video interview may involve a slide reel where questions will be followed by a timed period in which you to answer the question.

Questions are usually around why you have chosen to apply and what personal qualities you have.My recommendation would be to answer any statements you make with examples of where you displayed that quality. The hardest one perhaps being “what is your greatest weakness?”. This is an opportunity for you to show where you have identified a lack of knowledge or skill and demonstrate how you have taken action to improve this. For example: “My mathematics requires improvement, however, during final year I took on some optional math lessons.”

My other tips would be, align yourself with the company philosophy. Companies often have a wider business or industry shared view or a particular moral drive behind their work. Try to align yourself with this in your questions. This could be improving people’s lives, reducing green house gas emissions, reaching more vulnerable people etc.

Don’t worry too much if you sound nervous during your video interview, I haven’t seen one when somebody hasn’t. It shows you care about the interview and we’re reviewing the answers, not so much the delivery.Although, it would be wise to dress appropriately and ensure you have a plain background in your video interview.Hope this helps.
Thanks for your advice guys but i really ****ed up the interview when I did do it. I had no applicable examples from my life to their questions, and I really hate talking into a camera with no one responding so it wasnt great. Got rejected a few hours after of course, but I'm not even mad. I'm applying to other places(smaller companies) and taking the time to make my CV better and if there are video interviews I will try and prepare more...
Chris2892
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks for your advice guys but i really ****ed up the interview when I did do it. I had no applicable examples from my life to their questions, and I really hate talking into a camera with no one responding so it wasnt great. Got rejected a few hours after of course, but I'm not even mad. I'm applying to other places(smaller companies) and taking the time to make my CV better and if there are video interviews I will try and prepare more...
Don’t worry about it, you’ve gained valuable interview experience that you didn’t have before. But please don’t apply for any degree apprenticeship, wait it out if you have to.

I was 22 when I started my degree apprenticeship. You have the time to take a year or two out, even attend college and study full time if you don’t find the right opportunity.

Now in the 5th and final year, I’ve been working 7am to 10pm on work projects and university assignments most of this year, it will be the hardest thing you’ll do and push you to your limits. It’s ok to wait for another or new opportunity. You’ll need the passion for the subject/industry to mentally complete the scheme.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey don't beat yourself up over this. As Chris has said, it's given you valuable experience and you'll have a better idea of what to expect next time.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next
MoK7867
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
id really appreciate if you could tell me the questions that came up. I've been rejected by other plays, and this might be my last chancemany thanks
Chris2892
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MoK7867)
id really appreciate if you could tell me the questions that came up. I've been rejected by other plays, and this might be my last chancemany thanks
I’ve recently answered a few enquiries on good interview and assessment day preparation. I’d recommend looking through some of my posts/responses.

There’s only so much preparation you can do, the questions may even be randomised. The format is to promote genuine answers to identify passion for the role. More importantly, someone who will see the scheme to the end.

Degree apprenticeships can be brutally difficult and I’d of never made it to final year without my passion for the work I do.
MoK7867
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve recently answered a few enquiries on good interview and assessment day preparation. I’d recommend looking through some of my posts/responses.

There’s only so much preparation you can do, the questions may even be randomised. The format is to promote genuine answers to identify passion for the role. More importantly, someone who will see the scheme to the end.

Degree apprenticeships can be brutally difficult and I’d of never made it to final year without my passion for the work I do.
hey thanks, I guess my biggest worry is my answer not being that good, because I miss stuff out due to nerves
askayoi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Don’t worry about it, you’ve gained valuable interview experience that you didn’t have before. But please don’t apply for any degree apprenticeship, wait it out if you have to.

I was 22 when I started my degree apprenticeship. You have the time to take a year or two out, even attend college and study full time if you don’t find the right opportunity.

Now in the 5th and final year, I’ve been working 7am to 10pm on work projects and university assignments most of this year, it will be the hardest thing you’ll do and push you to your limits. It’s ok to wait for another or new opportunity. You’ll need the passion for the subject/industry to mentally complete the scheme.
if you don't mind me asking what did you do before? personally i don't want to waste time at home, i want to do something, anything worthwhile asap.
Chris2892
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
if you don't mind me asking what did you do before? personally i don't want to waste time at home, i want to do something, anything worthwhile asap.
Degree and higher apprenticeships didn’t exist when I started, and conveniently, started when I finished my level 3.
I did a level 2, then a level 3 apprenticeship, both in engineering.

The near 5 years I spent doing lower level apprenticeships taught me transferable interpersonal and industry skills you don’t get in a classroom environment.

Just food for thought, there are some very very good L3 apprenticeships out there. Some may even move you into a degree apprenticeship without having to apply. That was my initial apprenticeship employers plan, but I opted to change fields of study within engineering.

L2 and L3 work is different, but it’s good to learn the lower level trade. Its definitely helped me when working at a higher level and communicating information back to those working at L3 etc. As an engineer, knowing how to manufacture components (L3) definitely helps you design them (L4+).
Last edited by Chris2892; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads