The Student Room Group

Concern over time for GCSE's

People here have probably heard similar stories to this a thousand times by now but there is around 56 days to GCSE's and what I achieved last mocks were 5-9 for top 8 subjects and predicted were 6-8 for top 8 subjects. My main concerns are understanding chemistry, improving on my essay writing speed for lit and lan, seeing a rule that I couldn't previously see for a question in math and long answer questions for all my sciences in general. I want to aim for minimum 6 for all my subjects which my bottom two were far from and 7's or 8's in all my science and aiming for a 9 in computer science. I have revised somewhere around only 100 hours in my life and am very concerned on keeping my 6's for lan as I only just got it by a few marks on my last mock. I don't want comments that are overly optimistic but genuinely realistic instead. I can dedicate myself well to work when I'm fully locked on though it is hard to do for the house I live in so I go to the library instead but it isn't very local and closes generally early. I have lost a lot of time in year 11 for family related reasons and I am not sure if I can actually make it. I want to reach to get into schools such as Woodhouse but I'm unsure if I am even good enough at the moment.
You sound dedicated and hardworking and I'm sure you can make it and are good enough, especially since you know what you need to focus on. Good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest