The Student Room Group

Law Clearing

Hi,

I am currently deciding what to make my firm/insurance for LLB Law. I was wondering whether anyone knows if there are generally clearing places at Cardiff University for Law? Not sure whether to make my Cardiff offer (ABB) my insurance or Nottingham (AAA). Planning to make my firm Bristol (A*AA). I would prefer to put Nottingham as my backup but I also want a bit of a safety net just in case my exams don't go as planned....

Thanks!
Original post by aliishaaa
Hi,

I am currently deciding what to make my firm/insurance for LLB Law. I was wondering whether anyone knows if there are generally clearing places at Cardiff University for Law? Not sure whether to make my Cardiff offer (ABB) my insurance or Nottingham (AAA). Planning to make my firm Bristol (A*AA). I would prefer to put Nottingham as my backup but I also want a bit of a safety net just in case my exams don't go as planned....

Thanks!

I can tell you that last year Cardiff were in Clearing for Law. They were advertising vacancies at ABB from A level results day but reportedly went a little lower.

Nottingham had a handful of places in "early clearing" at AAA or equivalent (plus LNAT) but by 10am on A level results day, it was International applicants only.
Original post by harrysbar
I can tell you that last year Cardiff were in Clearing for Law. They were advertising vacancies at ABB from A level results day but reportedly went a little lower.

Nottingham had a handful of places in "early clearing" at AAA or equivalent (plus LNAT) but by 10am on A level results day, it was International applicants only.

Do you know how much lower Cardiff went with there offers? I got BBB and am trying to get a spot at Cardiff through clearing this year
Original post by BurnsTBread
Do you know how much lower Cardiff went with there offers? I got BBB and am trying to get a spot at Cardiff through clearing this year

They were advertising ABB on their website but I have said "reportedly" because 1 of 2 people on TSR will have mentioned getting offers for Law at lower grades than this, although I can't remember if they mentioned BBB or BBC. In any case, what happened last year is no guarantee of what will happen this year. Having said that, I think you would have a decent chance of getting in with BBB but obviously can't say for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending