conorrhh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I’m currently choosing my 6th year subjects and I’ve decided to take 3 Advanced Highers, them being: History, Modern Studies, Spanish. I got As in these for my highers in the prelim and I really want to study either politics or history at Oxbridge. However I need AA at advanced higher to do this. How hard will these advanced highers be to do and what’s the possibility of getting As?? Also these are the only subjects I’m doing in sixth year so I have a lot of study periods.
Thanks
Nara_shortcake31
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by conorrhh)
Hi,
I’m currently choosing my 6th year subjects and I’ve decided to take 3 Advanced Highers, them being: History, Modern Studies, Spanish. I got As in these for my highers in the prelim and I really want to study either politics or history at Oxbridge. However I need AA at advanced higher to do this. How hard will these advanced highers be to do and what’s the possibility of getting As?? Also these are the only subjects I’m doing in sixth year so I have a lot of study periods.
Thanks
AH are tough courses but like many say, it is as hard as you make it, start revising from day 1. It is very possible to get all A's as long as you put in the work. Now in terms of difficulty, I don't know myself as I am in 3rd away to be 4th year but it really comes down to what you consider difficult:

Some people find courses at AH & higher difficult because it's involves too much problem solving.

Where as some find it difficult because of the amount of content & course work.

Subjects like History, mods & Spanish are coursework and content based. There is masses to learn but very easy.

So if you prefer having a small amount of work that is difficult then there isn't a guarantee that u need to get all A's but if you prefer having masses and masses of easy content then it shud be no problem. Just work on your time management and wishing you all the best.

A few tips:

1. Revise from day 1, DON'T LEAVE IT TILL LAST MINUTE

2. Ask for help - whether it's from a teacher, a friend, older sibling or a tutor, do it.

3. Don't get disheartened if you get a lower grade than you expected. AH's are hard and being able to do them in the first place is an amazing thing.

4. Don't overwork yourself. Oxbridge isn't everything.

5. Have fun!

Wishing you lots of luck and hope this helped you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (199)
33.45%
No (396)
66.55%

Watched Threads