The Student Room Group

Am i Infertile?

I haven't had my periods for a few years and my doctor did a scan and he said that he thinks my ovaries weren't working well and then did a blood test . I can see my blood test results online and the level is FSH2 92.80 which is very high for my age (18).
I have an appointment tomorrow and i already know what hes going to say i feel like crying. I've always wanted to be a mum.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can adopt or use a surrogate. You can still be a mother.
I'm so sorry. Try not to work yourself up about something that is still uncertain, there may be solutions available. At the end of the day if this is it, this is it. You just got to understand the situation at hand and stay strong. All problems have solutions and for this problem specifically there are plenty of people going through the same thing. You're still young and life is still an uncertain path for you so just keep moving and one day you will find yourself in a place you never imagined being in, you just gotta stay strong.
Reply 3
Original post by Bio 7
You can adopt or use a surrogate. You can still be a mother.

Original post by Anon13231
I'm so sorry. Try not to work yourself up about something that is still uncertain, there may be solutions available. At the end of the day if this is it, this is it. You just got to understand the situation at hand and stay strong. All problems have solutions and for this problem specifically there are plenty of people going through the same thing. You're still young and life is still an uncertain path for you so just keep moving and one day you will find yourself in a place you never imagined being in, you just gotta stay strong.

I know but as it is no one will go out with me and if i'm infertile i don't see myself having a family in the future. I'm devastated everything bad always happens to me.
You don't know what the results are yet.
Reply 5
Original post by angelike1
You don't know what the results are yet.

I do i can see them online.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I know but as it is no one will go out with me and if i'm infertile i don't see myself having a family in the future. I'm devastated everything bad always happens to me.

I have a fear of dogs that makes me a prisoner in my flat.
Some people have bad illnesses of all types.

You'll do ok. In time you will build up a family if that's what you want. Don't let infertillity hold you back.
I do i can see them online.

I mean the diagnosis. And even if you have amenorrhea you don't know if there are treatments available.
I know you must be quite young, but perhaps you can find out if you can freeze some of the eggs you have now if they are healthy? And as the others have said you can def still be a mum and have a family x
Reply 9
Original post by karelina
I know you must be quite young, but perhaps you can find out if you can freeze some of the eggs you have now if they are healthy? And as the others have said you can def still be a mum and have a family x

I have only had my period like twice naturally.
I mean the diagnosis. And even if you have amenorrhea you don't know if there are treatments available.

I have already had a kind of diagnosis from my scan these blood test were just to confirm it.
Original post by Bio 7
I have a fear of dogs that makes me a prisoner in my flat.
Some people have bad illnesses of all types.

You'll do ok. In time you will build up a family if that's what you want. Don't let infertillity hold you back.

I'm just scared . If someone wasn't unable to give you kids and you really wanted them then i think they would leave me.
I have already had a kind of diagnosis from my scan these blood test were just to confirm it.

What if there are treatments to reverse it/restart your periods?
What if there are treatments to reverse it/restart your periods?

I didn't think that was a thing as my doctor already told me at my last appointment about alternatives to a normal pregnancy.
I didn't think that was a thing as my doctor already told me at my last appointment about alternatives to a normal pregnancy.

Like IVF? Doesn't that still mean you'd be a (biological) mum?
I'm just scared . If someone wasn't unable to give you kids and you really wanted them then i think they would leave me.

I've never heard of a man wanting kids as badly as that that he'd leave the woman he loves to have babies with someone else...I dunno it's just usually the other way round.
I haven't had my periods for a few years and my doctor did a scan and he said that he thinks my ovaries weren't working well and then did a blood test . I can see my blood test results online and the level is FSH2 92.80 which is very high for my age (18).
I have an appointment tomorrow and i already know what hes going to say i feel like crying. I've always wanted to be a mum.

I hope you are wrong and you are fertile.

Be positive.
Original post by Wired_1800
I hope you are wrong and you are fertile.

Be positive.

Thank you . I hope so too but i honestly doubt it because my hormone levels are the same as people with menopause and my doctor just did this test to confirm it . Genuinely devasted.
Thank you . I hope so too but i honestly doubt it because my hormone levels are the same as people with menopause and my doctor just did this test to confirm it . Genuinely devasted.

I am sorry to read this, please let us know the response from your GP.

I know you're mainly concerned about your fertility but make sure to ask if this will have any impact on your risk of getting osteoporosis early and how your health might be impacted in other ways during your appointment too.

Quick Reply

Latest