Am i Infertile?

Watch
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't lose hope of having a biological child.
My mother has hereditary health problems and was almost beaten to death when she was 22, every doctor that examined her said she wouldn't be able to get pregnant and she believed them.
But she did and I was born when she was 38.

I will probably go down the ivf route.
My maternal grandmother and mother went through menopause before 40.
I'm 25 and have been single for the last six years.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't had my periods for a few years and my doctor did a scan and he said that he thinks my ovaries weren't working well and then did a blood test . I can see my blood test results online and the level is FSH2 92.80 which is very high for my age (18).
I have an appointment tomorrow and i already know what hes going to say i feel like crying. I've always wanted to be a mum.
Sweetheart don't despair - this is 2020 and we can do the most amazing stuff. Go to your appointment and ask where you go from here. Nothing is impossible these days. My son is going through infertility problems at the moment. I feel sure that they will get pregnant soon - as will you.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you . I hope so too but i honestly doubt it because my hormone levels are the same as people with menopause and my doctor just did this test to confirm it . Genuinely devasted.
Dont forget there are women who have had babies post menopause - not sure I approve of that ( some woman in her 60s had a child....) but you are young and there are answers - believe me
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been through the same thing, at 19 I was told that I have absolutely no chance of having children.
It upset me at the time, but I've become more comfortable with the idea of adoption. You'd be giving a child a home and a family that wouldn't otherwise have one, it's a wonderful thing to do.

It isn't the end of the world, and if that is the case then you'll come to terms with the idea eventually. :hugs:

Also, you'll find someone that will still want to date you regardless.
Not everyone wants children, I've been with my partner for years and he's always known.
Last edited by MidgetFever; 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I know but as it is no one will go out with me and if i'm infertile i don't see myself having a family in the future. I'm devastated everything bad always happens to me.
I am really sorry to hear about this, but please do not beat yourself up by thinking this way. I would go out with a girl who is infertile and I know other guys who would too.

Believe me, everyone has their own burdens, everything bad happens to everyone not just you. But you have to try and be strong...
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I will get the full results tomorrow however i already know what he will say . I'm sure i will be more accepting to it over time but it's just a bit of a shock to me at the moment as i have always envisioned myself with a child.
Their is always adoption and i would love to give a child a home.
A partner who will accept me was one of my biggest worries but you are all correct in saying not everyone wants a child.
Thank-you all :grouphugs:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Well it was what I was expecting. He rearranged the appointment for today and it was by phone. He said the blood tests showed my ovaries were damaged a lot and short term it would be better for me to go back on the pill and long term it would be very hard for me to fall pregnant and no chance of freezing eggs as their probably is no eggs.
Wired_1800 MidgetFever
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Well it was what I was expecting. He rearranged the appointment for today and it was by phone. He said the blood tests showed my ovaries were damaged a lot and short term it would be better for me to go back on the pill and long term it would be very hard for me to fall pregnant and no chance of freezing eggs as their probably is no eggs.
Wired_1800 MidgetFever
I'm really sorry to hear that :hugs:
I hope you're okay, if you need anyone to talk to then please feel free to PM me.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Wired_1800 MidgetFever
I am sorry about this.

is there any way to do checks to see whether there are eggs still present in the ovaries? If so, can you freeze them? I am not trying to increase hope, but to check whether anything can be done.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by MidgetFever)
I'm really sorry to hear that :hugs:
I hope you're okay, if you need anyone to talk to then please feel free to PM me.
Thankyou x

(Original post by Wired_1800)
I am sorry about this.

is there any way to do checks to see whether there are eggs still present in the ovaries? If so, can you freeze them? I am not trying to increase hope, but to check whether anything can be done.
Thankyou. I did ask and my doctor said I probably never had any eggs in the first place but that we would discuss more options in 6 months face to face.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thankyou x

Thankyou. I did ask and my doctor said I probably never had any eggs in the first place but that we would discuss more options in 6 months face to face.
Please do so. I really hope it is possible. All the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads