scottish government interview presentation help

Watch
MadreB
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Georgesomething)
Thank you very much for the well wishes, I really appreciate it. I've only had one other interview before, and I didn't do very well so I'm even more nervous this time around. Not entirely sure what to expect, but I'll prep best I can.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of you too - hope the outcome is positive for you both! Thanks again
You're welcome☺ I'm sure you will be fine. Let's know when you're done.
Rabali5
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I had my client support advisor interview today. Supposed to be 3 on online interview but one pulled out so only 2. I ran way over time in my presentation and didn’t get all my points across. I did STAR method and combined 2 competencies in my answer. Panel were really nice made me feel at ease. 4 questions on other 4 competencies apart from presentation ones. They told me each time which competency the question related to which made it easier. Good luck. Interested to hear how anyone else who applied in March for this post is getting g on.
Louisewalker805
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Anyone else demented waiting on the results of their interview! 🤦*♀️ I have another tomorrow and really wanted to find out result of the first to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again! 😩
Rabali5
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Louisewalker805)
Anyone else demented waiting on the results of their interview! 🤦*♀️ I have another tomorrow and really wanted to find out result of the first to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again! 😩
They told me they wouldn’t give results until all interviews are finished and they are interviewing the whole of June. They said at least 10 days after interviews are finished they would let us know. Never known an interview process to take so long
Louisewalker805
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rabali5)
They told me they wouldn’t give results until all interviews are finished and they are interviewing the whole of June. They said at least 10 days after interviews are finished they would let us know. Never known an interview process to take so long
Was this for the Case Manager roles? God ur right it's soooo long!
Rabali5
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Louisewalker805)
Was this for the Case Manager roles? God ur right it's soooo long!
It was for client support advisor.
Mc12244
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
CS recruitment is generally like this. We usually have to interview all candidates shortlisted before offering. Unless its a mass recruitment we set a score bar and anyone over that gets a job or reserve list.
hannah2712
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Has anyone been put on the reserve list for these EO social security roles? Anyone have any insights as to whether people are likely to be taken from the reserve list or not?
Rabali5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hannah2712)
Has anyone been put on the reserve list for these EO social security roles? Anyone have any insights as to whether people are likely to be taken from the reserve list or not?
Don’t know if it helps you but I know someone who started in a similar role in January this year and she had been on the reserve list for more than 9 months. Don’t give up hope!
Last edited by Rabali5; 4 months ago
Mc12244
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Reserve lists are only useful if the recruiting manager asks about them.

I always make a point of trying to appoint from a reserve list as on one hand...I don't need to do the interview, secondly they have already made the grade and its just a lot quicker.

But some managers prefer to do their own recruitment...
Looloo75
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Is anyone able to give specific questions that they were asked? I have a recorded interview coming up and am extremely nervous. Just though having a few notes may help. I understand if you don't want to give specifics though. Thanks
Lulu888
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I have one this week also - so nervous ! They gave some great examples on the video sent out if you haven’t already watched it I’d advise you to do so x
Peewee2833
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I also have one this week! Also nervous as have never done a pre recorded interview and don't know what to expect. Would appreciate any advice if anyone has interviewed for the client support posts recently.
Last edited by Peewee2833; 2 weeks ago
EKJules77
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I had interview last week for that one. I’m in Glasgow area so maybe different for different areas. Took a few weeks to hear back.
EKJules77
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
When I submitted my video interview I got an email saying 14 days. I’m staying hopeful to hear back next week lol. The application sift took forever! How did u find the interview?
username1142940
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by EKJules77)
When I submitted my video interview I got an email saying 14 days. I’m staying hopeful to hear back next week lol. The application sift took forever! How did u find the interview?
I’m guessing that’s the difference in location maybe? Although if it ends up we hear back at the same time then maybe i’d have rather had a 14 day claim haha! Interview was okay, the function of re-recording answers I actually didn’t like too much, too much pressure on making a perfect response haha but the questions were similar to what I was expecting, yourself?
EKJules77
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KieranElcock)
I’m guessing that’s the difference in location maybe? Although if it ends up we hear back at the same time then maybe i’d have rather had a 14 day claim haha! Interview was okay, the function of re-recording answers I actually didn’t like too much, too much pressure on making a perfect response haha but the questions were similar to what I was expecting, yourself?
I actually liked that part. Been for a couple of other video interviews and did not like the fact you couldn’t re-record haha. Interview was alright, just need now to hope for the best 🤞
Peewee2833
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I had interview last week got email at end stating should hear within 14 days. My friend got email at end of his stating 7 days and he ain’t heard yet either and 7 days have passed for him. Having worked at DWP (civil Service ) previously I remember the recruitment process took months approx about 5 month before I actually got a start date! They usually have a fair number of applicants to get through.
(Original post by KieranElcock)
Has anyone heard back from the Client Support Advisor application yet?
yupyupyup
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I did my pre-recorded interview for Client Manager last Sunday. I hated it and I made a really stupid mistake! Don't want to give myself away on here though!I had prepared answers to all four competencies, but they ended up not fitting the exact question I was asked - so I ended up having to think of brand new examples. The whole thing took me about 3 hours and I still wasn't happy with my answers.My understanding is that you need to score a 3/5 for each answer to pass, then highest scores get offers. It definitely won't be me but I want to know how everyone else gets on!
yupyupyup
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Also the 2 minute waiting time after each re-recording was driving me mental. When I had said something wrong, I just wanted to go back and re-record it straight away, but I was left waiting for 2 minutes each time. Argh!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.03%
Okay (43)
29.86%
A bit lacking (51)
35.42%
Not good at all (37)
25.69%

Watched Threads