Where do I go/Who do I ask sex/mental health advice from now??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I used to talk to my school councillor about my mental health issues. I'm older now, and whilst I'm still planning to see her this week to talk about my mental health, the thought of seeing her for certain things feels a bit more awkward.

I've known her since Year 7. Obviously, I have different concerns now than I did like 5/6 years ago.

It's not exactly sex itself, it's more stuff surrounding that. I haven't had sex yet, btw, but that's not what I have worries around. They're more related to my mental health/body image/sexuality/kinks etc.

I feel awkward talking about things to my parents, especially since my relation/trust with them isn't great. I'll probably ask my queries directly on separate threads, but I guess I wanted to post this as a dip in the water.

What're your thoughts to the original question and info I've dropped here? Should I talk to my school councillor about that? Would the GP offer any services or whatever? Anyone in a similar boat that can offer their opinions?

Thanks
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I used to talk to my school councillor about my mental health issues. I'm older now, and whilst I'm still planning to see her this week to talk about my mental health, the thought of seeing her for certain things feels a bit more awkward.

I've known her since Year 7. Obviously, I have different concerns now than I did like 5/6 years ago.

It's not exactly sex itself, it's more stuff surrounding that. I haven't had sex yet, btw, but that's not what I have worries around. They're more related to my mental health/body image/sexuality/kinks etc.

I feel awkward talking about things to my parents, especially since my relation/trust with them isn't great. I'll probably ask my queries directly on separate threads, but I guess I wanted to post this as a dip in the water.

What're your thoughts to the original question and info I've dropped here? Should I talk to my school councillor about that? Would the GP offer any services or whatever? Anyone in a similar boat that can offer their opinions?

Thanks
Have a chat with your GP. They will be able to signpost you to relevant services such as LGBT support, Relate, Mind and other mental health support. Your local sexual health clinic can also offer links to support services regarding sexuality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads