JoeTony1845
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, torn between the forge and the elements at Sheffield halam, was wondering from students who have lived here, how sociable and lively is each of them? What is it like overall from past students who have lived here on terms of atmosphere, conditions and meeting new people in these 2 halls? Just looking to decide on which one

Thanks
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi JoeTony1845,
Not sure about The Elements, but I have stayed in The Forge during my second year and I honestly quite liked it even though it is a little pricey compared to other accommodations that you may come across. I am not very sure what you mean by 'more lively and sociable' as that just really depends on who you meet in your new flat. I haven't really socialized with anyone outside of my flat but that may be just me. Can definitely hear some loud parties going on in other flats when I lived there last year. Really liked the location as it's just located directly in front of Aldi. They used to have a cleaner that comes in to clean the kitchen every week. Unfortunately, they don't have that service anymore. The conditions of the room are quite good and so far from my experience, the management does respond well to complains, which I think is definitely a good thing.
Take care!

Lynn
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JoeTony1845)
Hi, torn between the forge and the elements at Sheffield halam, was wondering from students who have lived here, how sociable and lively is each of them? What is it like overall from past students who have lived here on terms of atmosphere, conditions and meeting new people in these 2 halls? Just looking to decide on which one

Thanks
Hi JoeTony1845
Hallam students have provided a great response about The Forge. It might be useful to post in our accommodation thread so other students can find this easier and hopefully give you a review for The Elements.

Thank you
Rachel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.6%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.65%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.75%

Watched Threads