The Student Room Group

Bus driver caught Coronavirus in my city

A driver from one of the three main bus companies in HK, CTB, has caught Coronavirus. He has driven on 3 routes (90, 96, 98), but I have only been on route 98 once, and that was in 2017.
I know the plate numbers of all the buses that he has driven in the past 14 days. Do you think I should just purposely not get on these buses when they arrive at my stop in case I have to travel on CTB routes, or totally ban myself on riding any CTB bus for 14 days? (In the case of a route CTB operates with KMB, I will wait until a KMB bus arrives)
(edited 4 years ago)
I would have thought that all the buses that the driver has driven will have been decontaminated now (wouldn't happen in the UK but you are in HK, so...).
Reply 2
The plate numbers are:
TS6566
SF4867
PM2839
SA7428
SF8739
PN6176
SW3867
RP4612
If I see these buses in the next 28 days I will not board them, even if they are on my intended route to travel.
Reply 3
Now I have decided not to take any CTB bus until the end of this month.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
I would have thought that all the buses that the driver has driven will have been decontaminated now (wouldn't happen in the UK but you are in HK, so...).

As my dad has another work from home arrangement, he has issued a ban on all public transport once again, and the ban will be lifted on April 30.
if you think dodging a bus will stop you from participating in global pandemic.....man if it were only so simple, this covid-19 is highly infectious, you could pick it up anywhere lol. No matter where you go.
Reply 6
It happened again.
A driver from another bus company, NWFB, who drives route 23 has caught the virus. The buses he drove are:
UT2022
UR6549
UT8412
UU7152
However, my family has ordered another public transport ban, which will last for the whole summer.
I hope the driver makes a full recovery. Sadly in London there have been over 20 deaths of bus drivers, and no information such as you have for the routes or buses they have used.
Reply 8
Original post by barnetlad
I hope the driver makes a full recovery. Sadly in London there have been over 20 deaths of bus drivers, and no information such as you have for the routes or buses they have used.

Do you think a public transport ban can minimise the risk of infection?
A lot of people in HK take public transport. When the 2 previous bans from my family for each wave of the Coronavirus have been lifted, there are no new cases in HK on that day.
Original post by 8013
A lot of people in HK take public transport. When the 2 previous bans from my family for each wave of the Coronavirus have been lifted, there are no new cases in HK on that day.

Wearing of face coverings, social distancing and screens to protect drivers seems the best option. Also continuing to work from home or walk wherever possible. The suggestion by Mr Johnson of people who are working from home starting to return to the office from 1 August I don't agree with.
Original post by 8013

Your family has the authority to ban public transport?!
Reply 11
Your family has the authority to ban public transport?!

They use it as a preventive measure.
Original post by 8013
They use it as a preventive measure.

I don't understand...
Reply 13
I don't understand...

They do not allow me to take public transportation if the virus is severe.
Original post by 8013
They do not allow me to take public transportation if the virus is severe.

right, I see
Reply 15
I have taken public transport for the first time in 34 days, which is a minibus 70.
Reply 16
Another CTB bus driver who drives routes 307A and 5X has tested positive. The buses he drove are:
SR9932
SX1008
UD7394
UB4697
And on 29th Nov, a KMB bus driver who drives routes 43X, 80M, 85, 85X, 286M and 289K also tested positive. I was then asked not to walk past the 286M bus stop until the end of December, to prevent air from the 286M buses to spread Covid to me.
However, I haven't travelled on any public transport since the 11th, and the previous time I rode on any CTB bus was in 2019. My family has banned all public transport journeys until 8th January at least.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest