TimotheeLaurie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
2 months and I’m so stressed. At this point, I’m so scared that I won’t make it nor get 8s and 9s. I haven’t even started doing my essays for English lit. Help?

Agent78600
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it is gonna be ok. Trust me. Once you have an effective revision method that works for you. You are gonna be ok. For english lit, the revision method i would recommend is to choose quotes from each theme. Don't make loads chunks of revision notes when you know you aren't gonna remember it all. Watch videos on youtube that analyse your novel and their theme. I would recommend revising themes rather than characters, because themes already fall under each character. Lastly obviously practice exam questions. What i did for my exams was i looked at sample answers with grade 8 or 9. And compared that with a 5. This really helps you to get an idea of what you are doing wrong.
- A personal tip from me is when you are talking about how a writer presents what, i used to find a way to say that the wreiter hasn't effecvtively portrayed the theme by giving an example about it. BUT DON'T GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIs. remember this is just like an expanding point. My teacher really liked the way i used to think differently, and she said this shows you are being critical and have grasped the novel.

Don't get too anxious about the time you have left, I mean i was a depressed potato sack througout year 11, and i pulled my socks up just a few days before my exam. If you revise effecively you will acheive your grade. Also who knows the exam might be postponed for a later time because of the corona virus.lol
Sorry for the bad spelling. In a rush. Hope this helps good luck!
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Agent78600)
it is gonna be ok. Trust me. Once you have an effective revision method that works for you. You are gonna be ok. For english lit, the revision method i would recommend is to choose quotes from each theme. Don't make loads chunks of revision notes when you know you aren't gonna remember it all. Watch videos on youtube that analyse your novel and their theme. I would recommend revising themes rather than characters, because themes already fall under each character. Lastly obviously practice exam questions. What i did for my exams was i looked at sample answers with grade 8 or 9. And compared that with a 5. This really helps you to get an idea of what you are doing wrong.
- A personal tip from me is when you are talking about how a writer presents what, i used to find a way to say that the wreiter hasn't effecvtively portrayed the theme by giving an example about it. BUT DON'T GO INTO DETAIL ABOUT THIs. remember this is just like an expanding point. My teacher really liked the way i used to think differently, and she said this shows you are being critical and have grasped the novel.

Don't get too anxious about the time you have left, I mean i was a depressed potato sack througout year 11, and i pulled my socks up just a few days before my exam. If you revise effecively you will acheive your grade. Also who knows the exam might be postponed for a later time because of the corona virus.lol
Sorry for the bad spelling. In a rush. Hope this helps good luck!
Thanks for the advice! What grades did you get in your GCSEs?
Agent78600
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TimotheeLaurie)
Thanks for the advice! What grades did you get in your GCSEs?
7 for lit in my mocks an 8...but remember . I only revised the day before, I was actually quite surprised I got that. Lol don’t repeat my mistakes I could have potentially got an 8 or a 9 if I had revised beforehand. Oh boy depression ruined my entire year 11
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Agent78600)
7 for lit in my mocks an 8...but remember . I only revised the day before, I was actually quite surprised I got that. Lol don’t repeat my mistakes I could have potentially got an 8 or a 9 if I had revised beforehand. Oh boy depression ruined my entire year 11
That’s good! I hope you’re alright. Please pm me anytime
iammelissa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Panic is your enemy. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to calm yourself before it escalates even more. There's great advice on revision above, so I hope you'll do just fine. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed