mertens
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm about to finish realschule (10th year). My course of choice is Creative Media Production (hnd) in college. And I don't know if the mittlere reife abschluss is the equivalent for GCSE or BTEC. I found on one website that level 2 BTEC is equivalent to GCSE (just like the degree I'm going to obtain after completing year 10.

https://targetcareers.co.uk/careers-...what-are-btecs

https://www.coventrycollege.ac.uk/co...ia-production/

the requirements list looks like this:
48 UCAS points with a minimum of Grade D from at least one A Level
BTEC National Diploma with Pass, Merit
BTEC Extended Diploma with Pass, Pass, Pass
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma with Distinction
Access Diploma: Pass
Last edited by mertens; 3 weeks ago
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your qualification is done at 10th grade aged 16, right? Which is the equivalent to GCSE/level 2. You need the equivalent to level 3/Abitur/whatever other equivalent qualification studied aged typically 16-18.
mertens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily_B)
Your qualification is done at 10th grade aged 16, right? Which is the equivalent to GCSE/level 2. You need the equivalent to level 3/Abitur/whatever other equivalent qualification studied aged typically 16-18.
Well normally,yes, but i'm originally from Poland (we start school at the age of 7) and for the fact that I had to learn the language, I had to repeat the class.

So... I've got level 2? And there is no way to do the HND with it? In that case, do I have to do the BTEC first?
Emily_B
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mertens)
Well normally,yes, but i'm originally from Poland (we start school at the age of 7) and for the fact that I had to learn the language, I had to repeat the class.

So... I've got level 2? And there is no way to do the HND with it? In that case, do I have to do the BTEC first?
Speak to the college but prepare to be told to to A levels or a BTEC first. Even UK students would never get in with just level 2/GCSE equivalents.
mertens
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily_B)
Speak to the college but prepare to be told to to A levels or a BTEC first. Even UK students would never get in with just level 2/GCSE equivalents
ill definitely try
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads