joedyer99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
There’s been a lot of discussion on other threads about getting money back due to coronavirus affecting uni contact hours which personally I’m not fussed about as it’s not their fault plus we have bigger worries other than a few hundred quid knocked off what we pay off in many years time.

But what does worry me slightly is what the next step is after the suspension of face to face lectures. What if universities were suspended for the rest of the academic year entirely due to the impossibility of delivering exams etc? If that happened before the next student loan comes in then would that mean we don’t get paid the loan seeing as we aren’t at uni anymore? Or maybe if uni was suspended after the loan comes then would we have to suddenly pay a proportion back representative of how much of the third semester we miss?

Surely SFE wouldn’t take such a drastic step seeing as students still have rent and bills to pay and may not be able to get work back home (to fund daily spending) at such short notice if suddenly everyone was forced to go home.

Probably massively overthinking but thought I would throw the idea out there anyway and see what people think would happen.
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

I can confirm the COVID-19 pandemic will not affect your maintenance loan if your university requires you to isolate and learn online.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by joedyer99)
There’s been a lot of discussion on other threads about getting money back due to coronavirus affecting uni contact hours which personally I’m not fussed about as it’s not their fault plus we have bigger worries other than a few hundred quid knocked off what we pay off in many years time.

But what does worry me slightly is what the next step is after the suspension of face to face lectures. What if universities were suspended for the rest of the academic year entirely due to the impossibility of delivering exams etc? If that happened before the next student loan comes in then would that mean we don’t get paid the loan seeing as we aren’t at uni anymore? Or maybe if uni was suspended after the loan comes then would we have to suddenly pay a proportion back representative of how much of the third semester we miss?

Surely SFE wouldn’t take such a drastic step seeing as students still have rent and bills to pay and may not be able to get work back home (to fund daily spending) at such short notice if suddenly everyone was forced to go home.

Probably massively overthinking but thought I would throw the idea out there anyway and see what people think would happen.
Overthinking. The government has bigger things on its plate so wouldnt be able to deal with the payment disruption. Expect things to go ahead as normal imo even if Uni start dates are postponed. September is a long way away at this stage. Country has to get through the next six weeks at the moment.
Tdawwwg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You'll be fine! You're still enrolled to uni, so it will be like any other year.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by joedyer99)

Hello

I understand this may have already come to your attention seeing as this post was from 6 days ago but on Friday 20th there was an update regarding student finance funding on the gov website.

Have a look at it here.

All seems to be going ahead as normal.

I hope this helps!

Patrick :lep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads