The Student Room Group

A level retakes and Coronavirus

Howdy y‘all

I know it‘s only a possibility they‘ll cancel A Levels, but it keeps popping up...

I have to get 2 As in retakes to meet my offer at Ox. It’s my ultimate dream and I‘m absolutely terrified that I‘ll have to repeat yr 13 AGAIN (particularly as this may potentially jeopardise my place) and I‘m not sure how to cope with the stress, on top of fears I may infect my family. Does anyone have any tips? I‘m trying to just get on with work and drawing but that doesn‘t seem to be enough of a coping mechanism

(Perhaps I should add: I have ASD, so exams already seem a near impossible task and the disruption to routine on top of this is so so confusing)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CMinnesaenger
Howdy y‘all

I know it‘s only a possibility they‘ll cancel A Levels, but it keeps popping up...

I have to get 2 As in retakes to meet my offer at Ox. It’s my ultimate dream and I‘m absolutely terrified that I‘ll have to repeat yr 13 AGAIN (particularly as this may potentially jeopardise my place) and I‘m not sure how to cope with the stress, on top of fears I may infect my family. Does anyone have any tips? I‘m trying to just get on with work and drawing but that doesn‘t seem to be enough of a coping mechanism

(Perhaps I should add: I have ASD, so exams already seem a near impossible task and the disruption to routine on top of this is so so confusing)

don't worry I feel very similar with regards to me own work - the uncertainty isn't pleasant.

I can't imagine they will make EVERY single y13 student retake the year, the exams may just have to be postponed. I certainly would hope so.

At the moment I am just working as per normal and not trying to get drawn into the mass panic / stress
Howdy y‘all

It is likely that the summer 2020 exam series will be subject to delays and alterations. The advice from officials is to revise as normal to ensure you are better prepared for the upcoming exams.
Hi, I’m literally in the exact same position. Did you miss your Ox offer last year? And which college gave you the offer this time?
Original post by Cleisthenes
Hi, I’m literally in the exact same position. Did you miss your Ox offer last year? And which college gave you the offer this time?

Hi! No, I was going to take a gap year and do post- A level Ox applications, so didn‘t apply last year and have gotten in some strange limbo...
I got an offer from St Hilda‘s for German :smile: Also very well done on your offer too, which college?
Hi! No, I was going to take a gap year and do post- A level Ox applications, so didn‘t apply last year and have gotten in some strange limbo...
I got an offer from St Hilda‘s for German :smile: Also very well done on your offer too, which college?

Hi, congratulations on your offer too. Love the view of the river from St Hilda’s, my offer was from Corpus Christi. How are you finding the limbo so far? Did you see the announcement today?

Quick Reply

Latest