The Student Room Group

I took a parcel for my neighbour- could I get the virus

I’m really worried about getting the coronavirus so don’t laugh at me for asking this but I just got a delivery that was meant for my next door neighbour and obviously I took it but I washed my hands after for 20 seconds. Do you think it’s still possible for me to get it if it was on the box he gave me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say you have about 24 hours left.

Spoiler

How do you know the box is infected , don't be silly
Where’s the parcel from?

If it’s from China chances are low due to it travelling for at least 12+ hours to arrive in mainland U.K.
it is no different to opening the post you receive via the postman
Reply 5
Original post by Mapleservers
Where’s the parcel from?

If it’s from China chances are low due to it travelling for at least 12+ hours to arrive in mainland U.K.

I’m honestly not sure it’s just a plain cardboard box and the van the man came in was just a plain white van, it wasn’t Royal Mail or anything so I have no idea!
Reply 6
Original post by ReadingMum
it is no different to opening the post you receive via the postman

I’ve been washing my hands after all that too tho...but thanks :smile:
Original post by Lauododns
I never said it is did I? Nah don’t remember saying that. I said IF IT WAS. At this point you have to be careful, both people I live with are vulnerable so don’t be a ****. People have massive anxiety over this situation-including me so piss off.

Your anxiety is irrelevant
I’m honestly not sure it’s just a plain cardboard box and the van the man came in was just a plain white van, it wasn’t Royal Mail or anything so I have no idea!

Plain white van?!?! Plain Box?!?! I’m sorry friend but your neighbor has planted it on you to infect you. He doesn’t want you to be his neighbor anymore!

Spoiler

Reply 9
I’m really worried about getting the coronavirus so don’t laugh at me for asking this but I just got a delivery that was meant for my next door neighbour and obviously I took it but I washed my hands after for 20 seconds. Do you think it’s still possible for me to get it if it was on the box he gave me?

I agree with the first comment, 24 hours left and you GONE... bless up!
Reply 10
I never said it is did I? Nah don’t remember saying that. I said IF IT WAS. At this point you have to be careful, both people I live with are vulnerable so don’t be a ****. People have massive anxiety over this situation-including me so piss off.

Calm down and use some common sense. Panic won’t help.
These threads have to be sarcasm as this point, surely???

What next? “My neighbour waved at me from 50 m away, do I have coronavirus???”
Reply 12
Original post by Mapleservers
Plain white van?!?! Plain Box?!?! I’m sorry friend but your neighbor has planted it on you to infect you. He doesn’t want you to be his neighbor anymore!

Spoiler

Hahah. Okay great thanks !
Reply 13
Original post by Beacon Of Hope
Your anxiety is irrelevant

Your parents must be proud x
Reply 14
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer

Maybe yeah just MAYBE it’s mental health issues eh ?!! Ever heard of anxiety? And I’m sure people with ocd issues will be so much worse than me? Don’t be nasty just cause people are anxious. Royal Mail literally have a policy now where they put on your door step and stand away from you so it’s not spreading so me being worried about being very close to a person and taking the parcel is justified
Maybe yeah just MAYBE it’s mental health issues eh ?!! Ever heard of anxiety? And I’m sure people with ocd issues will be so much worse than me? Don’t be nasty just cause people are anxious. Royal Mail literally have a policy now where they put on your door step and stand away from you so it’s not spreading so me being worried about being very close to a person and taking the parcel is justified

*yawn* You may not have corona but looks like you’ve suffered a superinfection of panic and misplaced hysteria
Reply 16
*yawn* You may not have corona but looks like you’ve suffered a superinfection of panic and misplaced hysteria

It’s called anxiety? Let people be worried? If it bothers you so much you wouldn’t be wasting your time on this conversation but obviously you have nothing better to do. I came for HELP not criticism for being worried about getting it and passing it onto my family.

I wish they were.
hello, there?
can I meet a friend am kinda new here
Hiya,
Overall, viruses don't tend to stay on surfaces for long. Ensuring you have good hygiene habits is a good thing to do regardless, so no, I don't think you'll catch it. If you do develop symptoms however, then make sure to follow NHS advice. I don't think you will, but just to make sure :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest