Lit Review for Dissertation question

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Ok so I won't go into great detail, but the general gist of my dissertation is about the general election held in 1997 and Tony Blair's relationship with the media and also the media's relationship with the media and how support from the Murdoch press helped him win (that's my theory). So for my lit review chapter of the dissertation I have the following contained:

* Chapter intro with initial brief and general summary of what most of the literature is about and contains.
* Stating the gap within the literature which allows room for my dissertation's research question/topic to take place
* The scope of discussion (what the lit review chapter will and won't cover)
* Historical context about the election and the years leading up to it about the party, Tony Blair and the media's relationship with the Labour party and Blair
* What the literature says about how Blair handled the media in the years of his leadership
* What the literature says about how the media responded to Blair's leadership of Labour and how it treated him during the election
* The media's historical relationship with Labour and how it changed (or didn't change) over the years leading up to Blair's leadership
* A chapter conclusion which states what the current literature on this topic generally outlines, briefly how it relates to my dissertation's theoretical framework, and how the literature lacks argument and opposing points of view and a restating of how this allows for my research question to take place.

Basically I just want to know, is this OK? I'm really concerned I am missing stuff and will score badly. A lot of the lit review is historical, and contextual...but I couldn't avoid this as my dissertation is about stuff that happened a long time ago. Is this a problem? Thanks in advance everyone...all I'm looking for his whether this is enough and good.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
bump
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so I won't go into great detail, but the general gist of my dissertation is about the general election held in 1997 and Tony Blair's relationship with the media and also the media's relationship with the media and how support from the Murdoch press helped him win (that's my theory). So for my lit review chapter of the dissertation I have the following contained:

* Chapter intro with initial brief and general summary of what most of the literature is about and contains.
* Stating the gap within the literature which allows room for my dissertation's research question/topic to take place
* The scope of discussion (what the lit review chapter will and won't cover)
* Historical context about the election and the years leading up to it about the party, Tony Blair and the media's relationship with the Labour party and Blair
* What the literature says about how Blair handled the media in the years of his leadership
* What the literature says about how the media responded to Blair's leadership of Labour and how it treated him during the election
* The media's historical relationship with Labour and how it changed (or didn't change) over the years leading up to Blair's leadership
* A chapter conclusion which states what the current literature on this topic generally outlines, briefly how it relates to my dissertation's theoretical framework, and how the literature lacks argument and opposing points of view and a restating of how this allows for my research question to take place.

Basically I just want to know, is this OK? I'm really concerned I am missing stuff and will score badly. A lot of the lit review is historical, and contextual...but I couldn't avoid this as my dissertation is about stuff that happened a long time ago. Is this a problem? Thanks in advance everyone...all I'm looking for his whether this is enough and good.
Tbh, it's hard to advise unless we knew your exact topic (although I understand why you wouldn't want to reveal it). To me, it looks fine - once you've actually reread your full draft, you might spot parts that are unneeded or need to be reordered.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads