kzadboy7
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My school is currently using this system called Uplearn that says 97% of participants that complete their online course will get either an A or A* come the end of their maths A level.

I’m just wondering, for those who have used it, is this through the sole use of the website/course itself? And does it really improve your mathematical skills as much as it suggests it does?
beachpanda
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kzadboy7)
My school is currently using this system called Uplearn that says 97% of participants that complete their online course will get either an A or A* come the end of their maths A level.

I’m just wondering, for those who have used it, is this through the sole use of the website/course itself? And does it really improve your mathematical skills as much as it suggests it does?
If you're getting it for free then 100% use it for the practice questions / revision - I'm on there at the moment and the amount of questions / support through the chatbox is invaluable. But the videos are pretty drawn out so I wouldn't bother going through them all now if you have exams in June, plus there are still bits missing for A2 pure / applied.
Jamie Townsend
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kzadboy7)

Please allow me to correct you.

According to Uplearn "Over the last 2 years, 97% of the students who completed Up Learn achieved A*-A"

Uplearn did not Guarantee anything. The 97% are the number of students who already took courses with Uplearn.
This could easily be a marketing tactic or legally correct but not necessarily accurate statement. Unless Uplearn are secretly writing your final examination papers, you have no guarantees of anything.
You could still take their course and use their questions as practice/revision material if you wish. Your Mathematical skills will improve with continuous practice with or without Uplearn.
Last edited by Jamie Townsend; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads