Respek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So currently I've already been to open days at both Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield to study Computer Science related courses. I was really looking forward to checking out Nottingham Trent though at an applicant day. Due to the Virus though I've just been told that it's being cancelled.
I'm really stumped on what to do now, I had really high hopes for Nottingham Trent and now I can't even see it, do I play it safe and go with one I've been to, or take the chance and go with Nottingham Trent?

TL;DR

Nottingham Trent vs Huddersfield vs Sheffield Hallam for Computer Science, been to check out Huddersfield and Sheffield, but not Nottingham and won't be able to, despite thinking it was going to be my first choice.
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Respek)
So currently I've already been to open days at both Sheffield Hallam and Huddersfield to study Computer Science related courses. I was really looking forward to checking out Nottingham Trent though at an applicant day. Due to the Virus though I've just been told that it's being cancelled.
I'm really stumped on what to do now, I had really high hopes for Nottingham Trent and now I can't even see it, do I play it safe and go with one I've been to, or take the chance and go with Nottingham Trent?

TL;DR

Nottingham Trent vs Huddersfield vs Sheffield Hallam for Computer Science, been to check out Huddersfield and Sheffield, but not Nottingham and won't be able to, despite thinking it was going to be my first choice.
Sort of unrelated, but I want to do computer science or cybersecurity at university. What are the entry grades for these unis ad what are the courses like?
Respek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ScoutLeopard)
Sort of unrelated, but I want to do computer science or cybersecurity at university. What are the entry grades for these unis ad what are the courses like?
I can't really explain myself for all of them, especially cause I can't speak from experience of being on any of their courses. But entry requirements for all of them are around either BBB for A levels or DMM/DDM for Btec, as well as at least a Level 4 in Maths and English, some wanting a 5 in Maths. I'd check each of the Unis websites and course to find out in detail if you're curious
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can't really explain myself for all of them, especially cause I can't speak from experience of being on any of their courses. But entry requirements for all of them are around either BBB for A levels or DMM/DDM for Btec, as well as at least a Level 4 in Maths and English, some wanting a 5 in Maths. I'd check each of the Unis websites and course to find out in detail if you're curious
Thanks! Sorry for the off-topic question!
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

TL;DR

Hi Respek

Good luck with your decision - they're all great universities.

With regards to you being unable to attend the Open Day - do they offer a virtual tour of the University? I know we use campus tour videos which we send out to people who can't make the OD and to international students to help them get a feel for campus before they arrive. Maybe they do something similar? I know it's not the same as actually being there, but it's definitely something to look into.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions about Huddersfield or your course, I'd be happy to help.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

TL;DR

Hi Respek,

Good luck with your decision - as Harriette has said they're all great universities. I'm glad you've been able to check out Hallam, did you come on our last course open day?

A lot of universities have provisions for virtual course open days or will be trying to organising something of the sort now events have been cancelled but I would suggest you need to be patient for this. You could try posting in a Nottingham Trent related thread to see other applicants/current students thoughts of the university. We have the UniBuddy chat where you can ask current students questions, so have a look to see if they have something similar.

Feel free to ask me or hallamstudents anything about studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield
- Ella
jadaa.xoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey what uni did you end up picking and how are you finding it ? x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.79%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.19%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.7%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19%

Watched Threads