funim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I want to go to Oxford to do Law but I’m failing politics and history atm. I want to get a* at the end of it- I’m currently in year12. I haven’t made any notes at all and I don’t know what to do to get back up. Please give me tips & how to revise.
anasaleem039
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by funim)
I want to go to Oxford to do Law but I’m failing politics and history atm. I want to get a* at the end of it- I’m currently in year12. I haven’t made any notes at all and I don’t know what to do to get back up. Please give me tips & how to revise.
I do History A Level as well. What i find really works is internet resources like Seneca and snap revise. Seneca is free to use, but snap revise is paid, so if u wanted to u could use it. Also, if you are really struggling you could always ask a teacher for some help like one to one mentoring sessions. If all else fails, you could consider getting a tutor as well.

P.S what exam board and what topics r u doing in history?
funim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thanks so much. Are you looking to do Law too? I’m doing exdexcel: Britain 1625-1701 and Russia in revolution alongside ireland
anasaleem039
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by funim)
Thanks so much. Are you looking to do Law too? I’m doing exdexcel: Britain 1625-1701 and Russia in revolution alongside ireland
Nah im not looking to do law. If youre doing russia, you can use a website called revisehistory.com which has all the notes for the russian revolution. Im pretty sure its for the aqa spec, but u might find i useful too.
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I got my first history A* in my y13 mock, so don't panic yet! I'd suggest going back to the mark scheme and writing your answers entirely based on that... I realised that a lot of marks come form referring back to the question, so pretty much as the end of every sentence I wrote explicitly how it related to the question, which really worked. It doesn't feel like good writing whilst you're doing it but sometimes with history it's about ticking the boxes!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.51%

Watched Threads