Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I may sound ridiculous here. But here we go.
I’ve been at college and I’ve come back with a mild cough and it seems to be getting progressively worse.
Do I self - isolate tomorrow and for the rest of the next two week if it continues?

I don’t want to appear selfish but I have mocks currently and in my final year (year 13) and need all the learning I can get. Caught in two minds here - plus I doubt I’d get “mitigating circumstances” for universities as I probably wouldn’t be tested.

Thanks in advance.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You’re supposed to self-isolate. Email your teachers and let them know, and they will help you as much as they can.
If you’re not getting anything done in a couple of days you could rethink the situation, but I would try and self-isolate for now.

I’m thinking the same thing, I don’t want to self isolate because I think it will make a massive difference if exams don’t change.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 6 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Dancer2001)
You’re supposed to self-isolate. Email your teachers and let them know, and they will help you as much as they can.
If you’re not getting anything done in a couple of days you could rethink the situation, but I would try and self-isolate for now.

I’m thinking the same thing, I don’t want to self isolate because I think it will make a massive difference if exams don’t change.
It is just a dry cough which has come on tonight. It seems pretty mild, I’m just worried about the implications on my exams.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I may sound ridiculous here. But here we go.
I’ve been at college and I’ve come back with a mild cough and it seems to be getting progressively worse.
Do I self - isolate tomorrow and for the rest of the next two week if it continues?

I don’t want to appear selfish but I have mocks currently and in my final year (year 13) and need all the learning I can get. Caught in two minds here - plus I doubt I’d get “mitigating circumstances” for universities as I probably wouldn’t be tested.

Thanks in advance.
I would self isolate. Your teachers will have to do them another time for you (which actually gives you more time to study...) and you're protecting everyone around you.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Boris said you have to isolate if you have either a cough or fever so.. please do it for the wider communities' sake x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.41%
Less motivated (91)
74.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise