GP apointment - Will it be impacted by coronavirus?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

I booked a GP appointment for next week. Is this likely to be cancelled? How will they contact me if it is cancelled?

A few days after booking it, I got a text (sent to everyone on their contact list) that people have to be assessed for coronavirus risk before making an appointment, but I already made an appointment. Am I impacted by this?
Last edited by Jack22031994; 8 months ago
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I booked a GP appointment for next week. Is this likely to be cancelled? How will they contact me if it is cancelled?

A few days after booking it, I got a text (sent to everyone on their contact list) that people have to be assessed for coronavirus risk before making an appointment, but I already made an appointment. Am I impacted by this?
If you have symptons and think you might have it - you arent supposed to go to the GP. Call your GP surgery and ask them
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
Mod Edit: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

Just ring them and verify.
As Jack said if you think you have covid 19 you should self isolate and ring 111. Do not go to the GP.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Jack22031994)
If you have symptons and think you might have it - you arent supposed to go to the GP. Call your GP surgery and ask them
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just ring them and verify.
As Jack said if you think you have covid 19 you should self isolate and ring 111. Do not go to the GP.
My appointment is nothing to do with coronavirus.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
Then unless notified otherwise you will be fine.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I know - what meant was ifyou have any symptons you arent meant to go (aka shouldnt affect it) - but it is best just to ring them as the will know for sure
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Every GP surgery will be slightly different but at mine:

I had two normal appointments booked (for next week and the week after). These were both swapped to telephone appointments.
I also had a blood test booked for Wednesday and they texted me today saying they've cancelled it and that I should ring back in 2 weeks to see if they've reassessed the situation.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Give them a call and ask. It'd be better to find out now then nearer to the appointment time.

I need to go into my GP 5 times over the next two weeks and every single time I'll have to call up on the day to go through COVID-19 screening.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
36.17%
No - I have already returned home (7)
14.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (8)
17.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
4.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (13)
27.66%

Watched Threads