Chloegibbo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Please help ! Unsure how much I should be saving to take to university with me. I will be living on campus and getting the full maintenance loan (UK gov) is this enough to live on ?
FBH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chloegibbo)
Please help ! Unsure how much I should be saving to take to university with me. I will be living on campus and getting the full maintenance loan (UK gov) is this enough to live on ?
If you’re getting the full maintenance that’s around 9K a year. That’s definitely enough to live on. I was planning on doing it on 6K. You might just want a side job to work on the weekends to pay for extra things like clothes etc
Chloegibbo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by FBH)
If you’re getting the full maintenance that’s around 9K a year. That’s definitely enough to live on. I was planning on doing it on 6K. You might just want a side job to work on the weekends to pay for extra things like clothes etc
So anything I save initially will be for luxuries basically ?
FBH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’d only use maintenance loan for necessities because you have to pay it back. There’s also 5.4% interest on it. I wouldn’t want to think when paying my loan back that I spent my maintenance loan on stuff like clothes. Cause you have to pay the money back for the clothes you might as well just use your actual money that’s yours
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (243)
33.75%
No (477)
66.25%

Watched Threads