Prescription cost for psychiatric drugs?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am on 3 different medications for my depression, I am 19 and in full time education but apparently because I am 19 I am not entitled to a free prescription however my psychiatrist thinks I will most likely need to be medicated for the rest of my life. It costs me nearly £30 a month for medication, is there any exemption I can get for paying prescriptions if me being on medication is a long term situation?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
If you get a Pre-Payment prescription it’s like 104 for the year with unlimited items and you can split it to £10 a month for 10 months with the first payment being £14. I used to have this as I’m on 13 items a month.

If it’s due to medical and you’re not working apply for a HC2 (you need less than 16k in savings and can’t own property) and you’ll get it all free including free dental.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you get a Pre-Payment prescription it’s like 104 for the year with unlimited items and you can split it to £10 a month for 10 months with the first payment being £14. I used to have this as I’m on 13 items a month.

If it’s due to medical and you’re not working apply for a HC2 (you need less than 16k in savings and can’t own property) and you’ll get it all free including free dental.
Thank you, how do I sign up to this plan?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
Thank you, how do I sign up to this plan?
Search PPC or prepayment plan. It covers all NHS prescriptions (Green ones) it’s a NHS site.

Or for a HS2 just search that and ring then Tomorrow and they’ll send out a form

Just make sure your HC2 is in date when getting medicine
Anonymous #1
Search PPC or prepayment plan. It covers all NHS prescriptions (Green ones) it’s a NHS site.

Or for a HS2 just search that and ring then Tomorrow and they’ll send out a form

Just make sure your HC2 is in date when getting medicine
Thank you very much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads