How To Pull Off Black Hair and (REALLY) Pale Skin?

Watch
Ashfire45
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My hairdresser says I'll need to bleach my hair myself at home if I want to go lighter... But I know that's going to destroy my hair's condition. I've been salon dying my hair black for years. I had no idea I'd be so stuck with it. When I say I want to change it, my family say that a) I'll ruin my hair and b) It suits me, and they can't imagine me without it.

I've found another hair-dresser who says all I need to go a bit lighter is bleach, foil and toner, but toner doesn't last very long does it?

Maybe the safest option is to just accept I'm stuck like this. I spend £46 on my hair every four/five months, trying to get to a more flattering shade would be really costly, wouldn't it?

How do I make it look less harsh and more flattering?
Mapleservers
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m sure you’re already flattering as you are hun x
Luc12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some hairdressers will strip the colour for you, it will damage your hair though. I used to work in a hairdressers and to lift the colour they would bleach bath your hair and then apply a colour on top. There are probably newer techniques now though.
You probably wouldn't get the colour you want initially but after a few visits to a salon you could end up with the desired effect.
I think just make sure you go to a hairdresser you can trust
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (33)
56.9%
No (13)
22.41%
Not sure (12)
20.69%

Watched Threads