Coronavirus and insomnia

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I've tried to find out this info but couldn't find it.

I've had insomnia for over a year. Like the insomnia where every single night you wake up after a couple of hours, max then stay awake etc. And I'm exhausted all the time.

I was wondering if this puts me anymore at risk of getting more severe coronavirus symptoms, just because your body doesn't work as well in many ways, including the immune system, with insomnia, and obviously I've had it a long time.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've tried to find out this info but couldn't find it.

I've had insomnia for over a year. Like the insomnia where every single night you wake up after a couple of hours, max then stay awake etc. And I'm exhausted all the time.

I was wondering if this puts me anymore at risk of getting more severe coronavirus symptoms, just because your body doesn't work as well in many ways, including the immune system, with insomnia, and obviously I've had it a long time.
I'm pretty sure these two health conditions are not interrelated at all. Having insomnia and contracting the coronavirus is just you being overly fearful. I wonder if you reading the news has something to do with this because the media is unnecessarily hyping up the situation more than needed and people who are more timid (for a lack of better words) are more susceptible to start thinking that even the slightest health dip they have is because of the coronavirus, when it's not.

Having insomnia is more of a psychological scenario than something related to your immune system being dusfunctional. Feeling tired or lethargic/not energized is not going to make you more susceptible to the virus. If your immune system is healthy and is functioning fine (no allergies/rashes/cough/cold/tummy aches and a plethora of other things) then you won't catch the virus. If you're very worried, visit your nearby GP and ask them what you can do to keep your immune system healthy. They might prescribe you some multivitamins to keep your immune system in check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.21%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.79%

Watched Threads