The Student Room Group

why is boris being stupid?

he keeping schools open when he stopping gatherings of more than 500 ppl and my school has 1500 ppl.
just why?
No logic. No logic at all.

Plus riddle me this one. He asks everyone to work at home "if they possibly can". So why doesn't he also ask every parent to keep their kids at home "if they possibly can"??? That's not a total school shutdown, NHS staff etc. can still go to work while their kids are minded at school. But it would be a massive step forward.
it’s crazy, see my post on protesting through a mass day off from school. these closures need to happen before monday it’s ridiculous, my mums at high risk too smh
Actually, I think he’s waiting.
I think instead half term is going to be extended to 3 weeks or even a month so everything is as normal as possible, and seeing as it’s only in two weeks I don’t think we have long to wait until school close
Original post by izziwills2002
it’s crazy, see my post on protesting through a mass day off from school. these closures need to happen before monday it’s ridiculous, my mums at high risk too smh

That would be last Monday.
Reply 5
Original post by Justvisited
No logic. No logic at all.

Plus riddle me this one. He asks everyone to work at home "if they possibly can". So why doesn't he also ask every parent to keep their kids at home "if they possibly can"??? That's not a total school shutdown, NHS staff etc. can still go to work while their kids are minded at school. But it would be a massive step forward.

isn't it just to keep the economy running but at the sametime it will collpase and there is no stopping it
Reply 6
also my gcse are gonna be effected significantly becuase of this only 2 months away:frown:
There is an argument for keeping under 16s at school to stop them being cared for by grandparents, but in my view anyone over 16 and university students should ned face to face lectures/classes, and exams be postponed as they are often large numbers in one room (except perhaps A levels with a large distance between students).
Original post by barnetlad
There is an argument for keeping under 16s at school to stop them being cared for by grandparents, but in my view anyone over 16 and university students should ned face to face lectures/classes, and exams be postponed as they are often large numbers in one room (except perhaps A levels with a large distance between students).

i agree! surely those being looked after by grandparents have some access to other options?? and must be only a very small percentage of the population. completely agree
Reply 9
At the very least he should stop people who are at a higher risk of being effected more severely by the virus from going to school. For example people with diabetes or cardiovascular diseases, and it should be done in the next two days rather than next week.
Original post by izziwills2002
i agree! surely those being looked after by grandparents have some access to other options?? and must be only a very small percentage of the population. completely agree

Not just grandparents, but children of those working in the NHS, in care homes. Though you could keep school open for those without easy options, a form of after school club all day.
Reply 11
Original post by 000_0000
also my gcse are gonna be effected significantly becuase of this only 2 months away:frown:

Who cares? Nae jobs.
lol cos he is stupid
Original post by 000_0000

Quite. Yet you seem to be wanting schools to close. Kids don't suffer from the virus and you will have noticed that all teachers at risk went home today.

Schools will close and the country will go into lockdown if France and Italy are anything to go by. Do you really want to be confined to your house any longer than you need to?

Say in school. It really is the best place for you right now, especially if you are doing your exams.
Please don't disrespect the Supreme Leader..

*dispatch unit 9 to deal with treason*
Right?! My school has cancelled all extracurricular activities (and concerts etc.) but we still have assemblies with ~200 people in a hall at once AND about a sixth of my class is self isolating...
Reply 16
He’s not making the decisions though, he is taking advice from scientists and others (who likely are considering the economy and possible consequences to NHS staff with kids who may have to stay off work). No doubt the best way to slow the virus is to have strong social isolation measures but the problem is that if we stop now, and then suddenly allow everything to go back to normal again, all it takes is one case (whether in the U.K. or an international traveller) to reignite the whole thing again. This is why the herd immunity approach could work, however with this approach comes a chance of much more deaths (but if those who catch it are all young and healthy , due to isolation of the elderly, then this could actually result in less deaths).

Essentially if we want to eradicate the virus the whole world most comply to extreme measures, otherwise we will keep going through an outbreak cycle until a vaccine is formed.
I actually feel sorry for him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending