Student Finance England 3 years residency criteria

Watch
Taskin1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I need some advice for my student finance application. My plan is to start my undergraduate degree from this year September. I have applied for my student finance and sent all the required documents they asked for.
Sadly, they refused my application as I don’t meet the 3 year of residency criteria.
The first day of the academic year is 1st of September and I’ll meet that requirement on 9th of September. So basically I’m missing out 1 year of my academic life just because of those 8 days difference. The SLC has given me the option to appeal against it. But before I make the appeal I want to know if someone faced similar kind of situation before or if it’ll be appropriate to appeal as the difference is only 8 days and I don’t actually want to lose this one year of my academic life.
Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Taskin1)
Hi, I need some advice for my student finance application. My plan is to start my undergraduate degree from this year September. I have applied for my student finance and sent all the required documents they asked for.
Sadly, they refused my application as I don’t meet the 3 year of residency criteria.
The first day of the academic year is 1st of September and I’ll meet that requirement on 9th of September. So basically I’m missing out 1 year of my academic life just because of those 8 days difference. The SLC has given me the option to appeal against it. But before I make the appeal I want to know if someone faced similar kind of situation before or if it’ll be appropriate to appeal as the difference is only 8 days and I don’t actually want to lose this one year of my academic life.
Thanks
You dont meet the criteria.
You will need to look for evidence you were resident in the EU or UK before 1 Sept as that is the rule.
You can find detailed information on ukcisa.
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...nary-residence
Taskin1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You dont meet the criteria.
You will need to look for evidence you were resident in the EU or UK before 1 Sept as that is the rule.
You can find detailed information on ukcisa.
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Informatio...nary-residence
Well I’m not talking about the fees status, I’m a home student.
secondly last year SLC said to my sister that they can re-consider the 3 years residency if the difference is by 7/8 days, I guess it should be same in my case as well
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Taskin1)
Well I’m not talking about the fees status, I’m a home student.
secondly last year SLC said to my sister that they can re-consider the 3 years residency if the difference is by 7/8 days, I guess it should be same in my case as well
Not if SFE decide otherwise. You already seem to know the answer so cant see the point in explaining the rules to you. Mind boggles as to what you think fee status is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (240)
33.99%
No (466)
66.01%

Watched Threads