How long for permanent red hair dye to fade?

Watch
DandelionLeaf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!
So yesterday I dyed my whole hair with a red drugstore hair dye (Schwarzkopf), but I don’t like it. I really want it to wash out as quickly as possible, unfortunately I used permanent dye instead of semi-permanent... My natural hair colour is a dark blonde/medium brown.

If I wash my hair everyday with shampoo, how long will it take for the colour to fade away? Also, anyone have any tips on how to speed up the process? Is purple shampoo any good in this situation?
karelina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is the same thing I did recently lol. Apparently the cuticles close and trap the colour more permanently after 2-3 days so washing it really well everyday for the next few days should help. Also you can use baking soda during shampooing to help take the colour off. You could also try clarifying or anti-dandruff shampoo. I used baking soda and it has lost the garish red colour now after dying it a few weeks ago and is just a nice auburn tint in my hair (my hair is very dark brown).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (53)
60.92%
No (18)
20.69%
Not sure (16)
18.39%

Watched Threads