jamiehussain
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
if I want to become a police officer would it be I good idea to get a degree in policing or a degree in law with criminology, as iv heard obviously the policing degree can fast track you straight into the police service, however I know a law degree can open up so many more doors including policing. Therefore, if policing doesn't work out I have other career options to pursue. Which would be ideal?
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you based in London?
jamiehussain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
Are you based in London?
No, based in Yorkshire
YUSLP
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Become a bent coppeer bro!

Destroy the pigs from withinπŸ˜‚
jamiehussain
Rep:
?
(Original post by YUSLP)
Become a bent coppeer bro!

Destroy the pigs from withinπŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
YUSLP
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jamiehussain)
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
And if you cant do that. At least become a vigilante and start huting these county lines drug dealers. Wipe em out. Pa pa pow!
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think a law degree would be better because as you have said it would open up more doors in case you change your mind
Vexper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No, based in Yorkshire
Ah just apply to join any of the North East forces whenever they advertise vacancies then. The Job concerns itself more about who you are as a person, how you manage people and your understanding of their role in society than quals generally speaking for an entry level copper. I wouldn't bother studying policing for that reason - save studying about policing for when you actually get recruited.

Criminology could be decent if you really want to work to in justice sector - it's a gateway to becoming a probation officer if that interests you at all. Law is pretty hardcore to study, make sure your head is in it to win it if you go for that.

Just be aware though, I know a lot of law and Crim graduates who ended up with no job at the end of studies in their field. So I would plan ahead with potential conversion courses at post grad level - or studying something more in demand than being oversubscribed.
jamiehussain
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vexper)
Ah just apply to join any of the North East forces whenever they advertise vacancies then. The Job concerns itself more about who you are as a person, how you manage people and your understanding of their role in society than quals generally speaking for an entry level copper. I wouldn't bother studying policing for that reason - save studying about policing for when you actually get recruited.

Criminology could be decent if you really want to work to in justice sector - it's a gateway to becoming a probation officer if that interests you at all. Law is pretty hardcore to study, make sure your head is in it to win it if you go for that.

Just be aware though, I know a lot of law and Crim graduates who ended up with no job at the end of studies in their field. So I would plan ahead with potential conversion courses at post grad level - or studying something more in demand than being oversubscribed.
That’s really helpful thanks
jamiehussain
Rep:
?
(Original post by YUSLP)
And if you cant do that. At least become a vigilante and start huting these county lines drug dealers. Wipe em out. Pa pa pow!
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
YUSLP
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I can do it to babes
jamiehussain
Rep:
?
(Original post by YUSLP)
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I can do it to babes
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (63)
63.64%
No (18)
18.18%
Not sure (18)
18.18%

Watched Threads