BTEC January Assessment Results day 2020!

Watch
Unknownprincess
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
Hi,

Well done! Glad to hear your happy with the results
congrats i got a merit in unit 7 and a near pass in unit 6 :/ it was my first attempt btw
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by thatcollegegirl)
So our course is the exam + 3 assignments (in year 1). Luckily we've already done assignment 1 from unit 2 (the due date was last friday) we just need to do unit 2 assignments 2 and 3. I'm looking forward to them since it's a nice change of pace from my 2 A Levels (History and Politics)
Sounds good, I hope they're interesting!
Hazelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rashbeck)
Merit, 38/60 in sport, despite failing to answer an 8 marker and only writing half of my 12 marker. Quite pleased tbf.
Congrats! So glad your pleased, time to have a rest and chill!!
Rashbeck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congrats! So glad your pleased, time to have a rest and chill!!
Indeed!
Hazelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unknownprincess)
congrats i got a merit in unit 7 and a near pass in unit 6 :/ it was my first attempt btw
I'm sorry to hear this, it must have been a really stressful wait. What's your plan now?

Sending supportive hugs! :hugs:
LeMetalhead
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey how did it go, i got a near pass in unit 6 and a merit in unit 7 :/
I have to admit, unit 7 was freaking hard, I messed up my financial information and ran out of time to do the presentation, but I was expecting a better mark than a pass for unit 6, I spoke to my tutor and he said that they were quite harsh this year on the marking, as the grade boundary was pushed up by 5 points from last year (for unit 6) so don't kick yourself too much
Last edited by LeMetalhead; 1 week ago
Unknownprincess
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just to resit unit 6 tbh x
I'm sorry to hear this, it must have been a really stressful wait. What's your plan now?

Sending supportive hugs! :hugs:
Unknownprincess
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LeMetalhead)
I have to admit, unit 7 was freaking hard, I messed up my financial information and ran out of time to do the presentation, but I was expecting a better mark than a pass for unit 6, I spoke to my tutor and he said that they were quite harsh this year on the marking, as the grade boundary was pushed up by 5 points from last year (for unit 6) so don't kick yourself too much
That's so good you got a pass for unit 6, what did you get in unit 7? Honestly my whole class got a near pass for unit 6 and all of us passed unit 7. for unit 6 i blame the teacher, she wasn't very good and didn't know what she was teaching. Plus she didn't give us any exam examples, so we never understood the structure. But i feel like students in other colleges must have gotten better support from their teachers compared to me and my class and it's just not fair. Since i got a merit in 2 of my exams my teacher goes it sums up to a distinction or something, but i'm still going to retake unit 6 in order to get a pass.
LeMetalhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's so good you got a pass for unit 6, what did you get in unit 7? Honestly my whole class got a near pass for unit 6 and all of us passed unit 7. for unit 6 i blame the teacher, she wasn't very good and didn't know what she was teaching. Plus she didn't give us any exam examples, so we never understood the structure. But i feel like students in other colleges must have gotten better support from their teachers compared to me and my class and it's just not fair. Since i got a merit in 2 of my exams my teacher goes it sums up to a distinction or something, but i'm still going to retake unit 6 in order to get a pass.
I also got a pass for unit 7, that sucks I've been quite lucky to have such a reliable group of tutors to run the course, they are absolute legends. That's terrible, doing past papers is the best way for students to get a sense of what to expect, that's just unprofessional. Good luck with your unit 6, remember to revise all the theory stuff, look at past papers and when you get the paper a week beforehand, analyse the whole thing inside out so you go in with a game plan ready.
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Now that results day is over and everyone has hopefully received their grades? (Fingers crossed!). How is everyone feeling? Are you confused over your grades of how they’re going to equate to the overall grade or do you have any questions?

If you’re unsure at all, please do comment in this thread and we’ll be able to help
Kueno Oscar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Now that results day is over and everyone has hopefully received their grades? (Fingers crossed!). How is everyone feeling? Are you confused over your grades of how they’re going to equate to the overall grade or do you have any questions?

If you’re unsure at all, please do comment in this thread and we’ll be able to help
What grade will you get if you got a pass for unit 1 but distinction for unit 2
Hazelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kueno Oscar)
What grade will you get if you got a pass for unit 1 but distinction for unit 2
What are you predicted to get for your assignments if you know?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annie.N)
Do you do level 3 sport? If so, just out of curiosity, do you know anyone that managed to get a distinction? I got merit for both unit 1 and 2
Congrats on getting two merits! (I don't do sport so I'm no help there I'm afraid).
Annie.N
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you do level 3 sport? If so, just out of curiosity, do you know anyone that managed to get a distinction? I got merit for both unit 1 and 2

(Original post by Rashbeck)
Merit, 38/60 in sport, despite failing to answer an 8 marker and only writing half of my 12 marker. Quite pleased tbf.
Annie.N
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congrats on getting two merits! (I don't do sport so I'm no help there I'm afraid).
thank you!
Hazelly
Rep:
?
thank you!
Are you now onto assignments? How is it going for you?
Annie.N
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you now onto assignments? How is it going for you?
I've done all my coursework already in advanced so I don't have to catch up or worry about those, just need to do my practicals
Hazelly
Rep:
?
I've done all my coursework already in advanced so I don't have to catch up or worry about those, just need to do my practicals
Oh nice!!
Kueno Oscar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What are you predicted to get for your assignments if you know?
Dinsticyopn
Kueno Oscar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Who’s done unit 8 ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads