I teach piano and singing from home.. should I be cancelling lessons?

Watch
EmPugh19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I teach from my home for 2 evenings and have a total of 10 pupils. I ensure that my pupils wash their hands on arrival, between lessons I disinfect the piano and any doorknobs/surfaced touched and that they wash their hands when they leave.
I have sent messages to all parents that if anyone has symptoms to rearrange lessons and likewise for me and my household.
At what point do you think I should be cancelling lessons?
Ashley2004
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EmPugh19)
I teach from my home for 2 evenings and have a total of 10 pupils. I ensure that my pupils wash their hands on arrival, between lessons I disinfect the piano and any doorknobs/surfaced touched and that they wash their hands when they leave.
I have sent messages to all parents that if anyone has symptoms to rearrange lessons and likewise for me and my household.
I take piano lessons and my piano teacher is thinking about cancelling face-to-face lessons around next week as the virus isn't slowing down anytime soon. My teacher plans to somehow use skype or something similar to continue teaching. I would probably suggest thinking about doing the same or waiting till you hear further news from the government about closing schools and when that happens, begin to cancel lessons. Hope that helps (:
David Getling
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EmPugh19)
I certainly won't be making any changes at all. I'm about as worried as I am about last year's snow. Hang on a minute, there wasn't any snow last year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.17%
No (574)
65.83%

Watched Threads