The Student Room Group

Proposing to GF ideas

Hi guys, just wanted to know if you can give me some advices or ideas of how to propose to my gf..?
We are going London next Saturday (28th) and I wanted to propose in a way she’ll never forget..
omg so romantic, an idea I have is you should go out for a night of dancing and ask the DJ to pass you the mic so you can dedicate a song and propose on the dance floor
Are you living under a rock? London will be in lockdown by the 28th.

Hop on a flight to China quickly and you can propose in safety there.
Reply 3
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Are you living under a rock? London will be in lockdown by the 28th.

Hop on a flight to China quickly and you can propose in safety there.

I don’t believe in all of this virus crap tbh, man made to make everyone panic.
lmao ik...just wishing for the "perfect" proposal in my head...in reality china ruins it all
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t believe in all of this virus crap tbh, man made to make everyone panic.

ikr
Reply 6
Original post by Ginny2918
lmao ik...just wishing for the "perfect" proposal in my head...in reality china ruins it all

Aw if you think of any ideas please let me know..

Probably a stupid question but to propose do I need to have a ring?
oh totally, it would be even more romantic...get down on one knee and ask her....make sure people are around so its even more special

Aw if you think of any ideas please let me know..

Probably a stupid question but to propose do I need to have a ring?
Reply 8
oh totally, it would be even more romantic...get down on one knee and ask her....make sure people are around so its even more special

What if I can’t afford one atm :/
dO NOT PROPOSE WITHOUT A RING
buy all the loo rolls you can find and then spell out 'will you marry me' on the ground with it. at a time like this that is the best proposal she can get. a ring AND loo rolls!
What if I can’t afford one atm :/

what kind of ring are you looking for
buy all the loo rolls you can find and then spell out 'will you marry me' on the ground with it. at a time like this that is the best proposal she can get. a ring AND loo rolls!

ewww....loo rolls ewww...no girl wants that

PRSOM. Brilliant
what kind of ring are you looking for

All I know is she once said she’d love one from Tiffany and co
Hi guys, just wanted to know if you can give me some advices or ideas of how to propose to my gf..?
We are going London next Saturday (28th) and I wanted to propose in a way she’ll never forget..

Push her in the thames
what is your price range

All I know is she once said she’d love one from Tiffany and co
Depends on what your girlfriend likes. I'd hate being proposed to in public. My ex proposed in our hotel room alone, he'd bought the Sylvanian family wedding chapel with bride/groom/priest and the ring was in the bell tower, which was perfect for me.

You know your girlfriend. Think about what she likes.
can I just say that something to consider is that most women don't like the ring that is chosen for them when men propose. It's a tradition that fools men into feeling pressured to not proposes without one but if you can't afford one a better option to consider is just proposing with a basic promise ring for example, they're much cheaper and it will fill the role of romantic gesture when proposing. then later, if she says yes (which I'm sure she will, goodluck!) you can pick an engagement ring together, which will also give you more time to be in a better financial situation. And she'll be able to pick a ring to replace the promise ring herself, meaning she'll definitely be happy with the ring she'll be wearing the rest of her life. Just a suggestion. It's a win, win honestly, coming from a girls perspective too. It shows consideration
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19

Go on YouTube , some great examples on there! Also search the internet-,thousands of ideas!
But remember- it is essential to take her by surprise and to go down on bended knee and have ring ready!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending