Do you like Twilight?

Watch
renaamz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What do you HONESTLY think of the Twilight saga movies and how old were you when you first watched them?
Jess.1819
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know they’re cringy and certain parts are a bit mehh but I love them, they’re a guilty pleasure and weirdly comforting, I guess it’s like a childhood memory. 😂

I was probably around 10 (18 now) as the last one wasn’t out yet.
Jess.1819
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Also love the soundtrack, makes them so much better in my opinion, just the aesthetic of the locations too.
renaamz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jess.1819)
I know they’re cringy and certain parts are a bit mehh but I love them, they’re a guilty pleasure and weirdly comforting, I guess it’s like a childhood memory. 😂

I was probably around 10 (18 now) as the last one wasn’t out yet.
hahah, same thoughts as me, age and everything!
chloea1920
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh God, I love it, not even ironically. This is one of the best film series ever. I mean Kristen Stewart is truly terrible as Bella and yes it's weird that her ex-boyfriend imprints on her daughter but this was my entire youth.
renaamz
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloea1920)
Oh God, I love it, not even ironically. This is one of the best film series ever. I mean Kristen Stewart is truly terrible as Bella and yes it's weird that her ex-boyfriend imprints on her daughter but this was my entire youth.
YES!! SAME, I've probably watched them so many times
goofygoober6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I love Twilight. I'm rereading it and watching the films again. It's actually my favourite book series. But when I reread the first book I actually found that I didn't enough it as much as when I was younger. I read it first when I was 12 (I'm 22 now).
xxxhazalxxx1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hell yes. Twilight is the shiznizzle
Knortfoxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The Twilight movies are really bad. I love them though
Jess.1819
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by renaamz)
hahah, same thoughts as me, age and everything!
That’s so funny!
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The movies were absolutely awful. Which sucks because it gave the series a bad name when the books were actually quite decent imo.
renaamz
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
The movies were absolutely awful. Which sucks because it gave the series a bad name when the books were actually quite decent imo.
They missed out soo much from the books!
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by renaamz)
They missed out soo much from the books!
They did, but there's only so much you can condense into a couple of hours.
It just didn't have the same feeling, the movies made it sound all cheesy like, but the books conveyed the emotion really well. You could almost feel Bella's ache when Edward was gone for a prolonged amount of time and I was all for that. :lol:

I've often found books to be a lot better than their movie adaptions though.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes.
I liked the first two books books and the movies were ok.

By the time of Eclipse, the writing was going downhill and plot was becoming predictable.
Storylines were getting boring, character development was minimal and a smug preachy tone that reminded me of donny osmond was starting to creep in.

Breaking Dawn was terribly annoying, I never bothered to see the final movie.
So many of the girls that I went to school with got married as teenagers, were addicted to all things Twilight and seemed to view Bella as an inspirational role model.
Some married weird guys that they hardly knew and had not met before their wedding day.
They bought into the Twilight fairytale and took things far too seriously; the way that the most naive of their mothers and grandmothers generation sometimes did with mills&boon romance novels.
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I liked the first two books books and the movies were ok.

By the time of Eclipse, the writing was going downhill and plot was becoming predictable.
Storylines were getting boring, character development was minimal and a smug preachy tone that reminded me of donny osmond was starting to creep in.

Breaking Dawn was terribly annoying, I never bothered to see the final movie.
So many of the girls that I went to school with got married as teenagers, were addicted to all things Twilight and seemed to view Bella as an inspirational role model.
Some married weird guys that they hardly knew and had not met before their wedding day.
They bought into the Twilight fairytale and took things far too seriously; the way that the most naive of their mothers and grandmothers generation sometimes did with mills&boon romance novels.
Never thought I'd hear Twilight and Donny Osmond in the same paragraph, that's a new one. :lol:
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think I was probably thirteen and i still love twilight :heart:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.2%
No (558)
65.8%

Watched Threads