Does this reply mean that they didn’t get my email?

Watch
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I think I’m getting paranoid. I sent an email really late at like midnight and got an instant reply saying ‘Thank you for your email. please note our office hours are between 9am-5pm. Make sure you’ve included your full name in the email. I just want reassurance I guess..
sammyj97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Seems like its just an instant automatic reply they send out after office hours. Because you got the reply; they received your email.
ReadingMum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it just means they have an automatic response set up. Your email will be sitting in their inbox still waiting for them to deal with it
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
I think I’m getting paranoid. I sent an email really late at like midnight and got an instant reply saying ‘Thank you for your email. please note our office hours are between 9am-5pm. Make sure you’ve included your full name in the email. I just want reassurance I guess..
As you sent it past midnight, it will be an automated response. They will probably reply during normal office hours when whoever monitors the email address sees your email.
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (43)
58.9%
No (17)
23.29%
Not sure (13)
17.81%

Watched Threads