Uni Comparisons (LSE, Kings, Goldsmiths, etc)

Watch
Madison Mitchell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone!

I am from Texas, USA and am specifically wanting to get my Masters in London. In May I complete my undergrad at Texas A&M University for International Media and Communication. I have received offers from LSE, Goldsmiths, and City so far (waiting to hear back from Kings). I applied for programmes in media & comm, marketing, and gender/culture.

Since I'm from the US, I have little knowledge of these Universities except for LSE (my boyfriend got his MSc in Finance there and I visited). I am hoping I can get some opinions about things like education quality, student life, job prospects, overall reputation, etc. I would love a balance between a fun student experience and a well-rounded education.
Thanks!
Levi.-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you want to work in finance/banking, LSE is probably the best bet
Goldsmiths, University of London
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Madison Mitchell)
Hi everyone!

I am from Texas, USA and am specifically wanting to get my Masters in London. In May I complete my undergrad at Texas A&M University for International Media and Communication. I have received offers from LSE, Goldsmiths, and City so far (waiting to hear back from Kings). I applied for programmes in media & comm, marketing, and gender/culture.

Since I'm from the US, I have little knowledge of these Universities except for LSE (my boyfriend got his MSc in Finance there and I visited). I am hoping I can get some opinions about things like education quality, student life, job prospects, overall reputation, etc. I would love a balance between a fun student experience and a well-rounded education.
Thanks!
Hi Madison! First of all, congratulations on all of your offers! Those are all fantastic universities, so you should be very proud. 🤩

I also came from the US to do my Master's in London so I definitely understand how challenging it can be to make a decision on a university while in another country. Each of those universities has a quite different feel, so it's all about figuring out what is the right fit for you. I'd recommend making a comparison between the course content at each institution (you can usually download programme specifications from the uni's webpage), and looking for virtual tours to see if the campus itself seems like a good fit for you. We've got several useful videos of Goldsmiths on our Youtube channel here.

I'm obviously a little biased 😉, but Goldsmiths department of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies were ranked 7th in the world by QS World University Rankings! Their programmes balance theory and practice to ensure that you have the hands-on skills necessary for your future career. They have industry connections all over London, and often have professional guests come in to speak with students (they recently planned a session with the director and executive producer of Netflix's Sex Education!).

I find South East London to be a really exciting place to be a young creative as there are numerous art spaces, cafes, bars, creative companies, etc. in the area, and Goldsmiths is also really conveniently located for transport to other areas of the city (one stop from London Bridge station, but also really easy to get to Shoreditch, Hackney, Dalston, etc.). If you have a look at our Youtube channel there are some videos of students showing you around their favourite places in the area as well.

If you have any questions about the programme, Goldsmiths, or just being an American studying in London feel free to ask, I'm always happy to help! 😊

-Miranda
Madison Mitchell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London)
Hi Madison! First of all, congratulations on all of your offers! Those are all fantastic universities, so you should be very proud. 🤩

I also came from the US to do my Master's in London so I definitely understand how challenging it can be to make a decision on a university while in another country. Each of those universities has a quite different feel, so it's all about figuring out what is the right fit for you. I'd recommend making a comparison between the course content at each institution (you can usually download programme specifications from the uni's webpage), and looking for virtual tours to see if the campus itself seems like a good fit for you. We've got several useful videos of Goldsmiths on our Youtube channel here.

I'm obviously a little biased 😉, but Goldsmiths department of Media, Communications, and Cultural Studies were ranked 7th in the world by QS World University Rankings! Their programmes balance theory and practice to ensure that you have the hands-on skills necessary for your future career. They have industry connections all over London, and often have professional guests come in to speak with students (they recently planned a session with the director and executive producer of Netflix's Sex Education!).

I find South East London to be a really exciting place to be a young creative as there are numerous art spaces, cafes, bars, creative companies, etc. in the area, and Goldsmiths is also really conveniently located for transport to other areas of the city (one stop from London Bridge station, but also really easy to get to Shoreditch, Hackney, Dalston, etc.). If you have a look at our Youtube channel there are some videos of students showing you around their favourite places in the area as well.

If you have any questions about the programme, Goldsmiths, or just being an American studying in London feel free to ask, I'm always happy to help! 😊

-Miranda
Thank you for your help! I will for sure look into all of this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads