possible student finance fraud

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
there is a student in my class who comes in most days but has never done any work. Each day that person comes in they only watch YouTube never pays attention in class and only starts the assignments the week or even the same day its due to be handed in. obviously has failed every assignment and test so far. when asked why the only response is a shrug, however, last week the person blatantly said it was too get the student loan and will most likely drop out once their last payment is transferred.

the lecturers must see what is happening but I haven't seen any involvement. surely this is fraud and wondered if I should do something or just leave it to the college to sort out
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
there is a student in my class who comes in most days but has never done any work. Each day that person comes in they only watch YouTube never pays attention in class and only starts the assignments the week or even the same day its due to be handed in. obviously has failed every assignment and test so far. when asked why the only response is a shrug, however, last week the person blatantly said it was too get the student loan and will most likely drop out once their last payment is transferred.

the lecturers must see what is happening but I haven't seen any involvement. surely this is fraud and wondered if I should do something or just leave it to the college to sort out
Student appears to be attending.
Student still appears to be a student on the course.

Think thats all they have to do to qualify.

Cant see why you feel the need to interfere? report them if you feel so obliged and see what happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads