Contraceptive pills side effects URGENT

Watch
Emma2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello so basically I had a surgery a couple months ago and before I had sever belly pain and now my doctor said I should use pills to stop ovulation and see if the pain is from that’s but my period is 10 days long and it’s very heavy and painful so is that normal or should I be serious and is it something serious
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What was your surgery? Are you taking a pill, if so which one?
Emma2005
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
What was your surgery? Are you taking a pill, if so which one?
Appendectomy and my cyst burst
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma2005)
Hello so basically I had a surgery a couple months ago and before I had sever belly pain and now my doctor said I should use pills to stop ovulation and see if the pain is from that’s but my period is 10 days long and it’s very heavy and painful so is that normal or should I be serious and is it something serious
Was the severe pain from the appendectomy? When you say cyst burst, do you mean ovarian cyst?
Your gp should be referring you to a gynaecologist to rule out any possible fibroids or other conditions such as endometriosis.
Emma2005
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LittleABC)
Was the severe pain from the appendectomy? When you say cyst burst, do you mean ovarian cyst?
Your gp should be referring you to a gynaecologist to rule out any possible fibroids or other conditions such as endometriosis.
I had sever pain from the cyst and I went back to the hospital couple weeks ago and they took an ultrasound ( gynaecologist did it) and he said it’s fine and then last week I had another one and I have free fluid around my pelvis and a blood clot but the doctor said it’s fine but I’m going back on Tuesday because I’m still bleeding for 16 days now and my pain is still sever. Do u think the bleeding could cause serious side effects? And what else should I do?
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma2005)
I had sever pain from the cyst and I went back to the hospital couple weeks ago and they took an ultrasound ( gynaecologist did it) and he said it’s fine and then last week I had another one and I have free fluid around my pelvis and a blood clot but the doctor said it’s fine but I’m going back on Tuesday because I’m still bleeding for 16 days now and my pain is still sever. Do u think the bleeding could cause serious side effects? And what else should I do?
I would persist with getting this sorted. I appreciate physical distancing is going on and hospitals are under pressure but this is causing you pain, and the cause needs to be established.
Ensure you eat a balanced diet to reduce iron deficiency if you're bleeding so much and try perhaps hot water bottles etc to manage pain. Really hope you get this sorted quickly, it sounds awful for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (337)
34.67%
No (635)
65.33%

Watched Threads