The Student Room Group

Vaginismus

I havent been diagnosed but i am unable to take more than the tip in, it burns really bad and hurts
A few nights back me and my boyfriend finally managed to stick all of it in but we werent able to have sex because i was really tight and he couldnt last basicslly
I was really really sore after and i tried again but it hurted worse thsn before
The day after that i got dizzy and almost fainted
My boyfriend told me off and idk what to do i am heart broken what do i do please help me
He told you off? 🤔

Are you using plenty of lube? The more stressed you are about it, the more likely it is to hurt as you need to be really relaxed. I realise that it’ll be frustrating for him but it doesn’t sound like he’s helping things really x
Original post by Anonymous
I havent been diagnosed but i am unable to take more than the tip in, it burns really bad and hurts
A few nights back me and my boyfriend finally managed to stick all of it in but we werent able to have sex because i was really tight and he couldnt last basicslly
I was really really sore after and i tried again but it hurted worse thsn before
The day after that i got dizzy and almost fainted
My boyfriend told me off and idk what to do i am heart broken what do i do please help me

While your boyfriend is 'telling you off' you shouldnt be considering sex. This is a form of psychological abuse and is not acceptable.

If it hurts, you wont be physically lubricated and comfortable enough and vice versa, if hes telling you off, you're not psychologically comfortable. This can create a problem for your future sex life and you'll end up fearful of sex because it hurts, the more you try the more it hurts and you're in that never ending cycle.
Your partner needs to be more understanding. If he cant be, please dont cause yourself pain trying to satisfy him.
If you're sure you want to have sex, relaxed enough, and natural lubrication doesn't help, seek some support from your local sexual health clinic or GP.

Quick Reply

Latest