I actually feel sorry for Boris Johnson

Watch
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't like him, but I don't envy him. I, a hardcore Labour supporter and member, am reliefed we didn't win in 2019 so we wouldn't have to pick up the pieces from this disaster. Maybe this will show just how underfunded the NHS is and the people will wake up and realise we need a Labour government. That said, my thoughts are first and foremost with the dead and ill.
Anonymousamie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I agree. I don’t support his party by any means, but I can’t argue with the fact that people saying “he’s prime minister what did he expect?” is really uncalled for since he couldn’t predict that this was going to happen and anyone would struggle with the pressure. I just think we all need to stop playing the blame game because it’s no one’s fault, at least not in the UK, and we need to try to find solidarity in these trying times instead of arguing over what we THINK is right.
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I voted for Corbyn in December, but I'm actually pretty impressed with how Johnson is handling the coronavirus situation.
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
I don't like him, but I don't envy him. I, a hardcore Labour supporter and member, am reliefed we didn't win in 2019 so we wouldn't have to pick up the pieces from this disaster. Maybe this will show just how underfunded the NHS is and the people will wake up and realise we need a Labour government. That said, my thoughts are first and foremost with the dead and ill.
As long as Corbyn has ****ed off.
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Pharyngotympanic)
As long as Corbyn has ****ed off.
Hes supposed to be in self isolation but is ignoring lol. He doesn't have to worry, he is a very fit and strong man.
Anonymousamie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Guys do I self isolate? I know college is closing on Friday anyway so it’s not that big a deal, but we’re getting all our resources for the next few months tomorrow and I don’t want to miss it. However, these past few days I’ve had a nasty cough, I wouldn’t say persistent because I cough like twice every hour, but my throat just feels dry. It’s probably nothing, but I don’t know whether to be precautious.
Thewanabenerd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
boris came in basically for the brexit but was hit by corona virus
Snonflake
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I feel sorry for Boris personally, has gotta make a lot of tough calls etc I feel he is doing the best he can
Huuh?
YUSLP
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope. He deserves it.

As does Trump,Putin and that cocktease Xi.

He is doing a crap job before COVID19 and now is being complacent after the outbreak.

Hopefully this outbreak ends his administration.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YUSLP)
Nope. He deserves it.

As does Trump,Putin and that cocktease Xi.

He is doing a crap job before COVID19 and now is being complacent after the outbreak.

Hopefully this outbreak ends his administration.
So the virus is his fault then?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah well, crap job, but I doubt he gave a toss for anyone having this sort of stress everyday just to get by beforehand. If 20 years of physical aging has to hit someone in the back on the head it's as well being him.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YUSLP)
Uh no its Chinas fault.

First case was in November. Commie scums

I dont see why we dont let US and China wipe each other out already. UK and Russia can go at it too.

Do the world a favour.

Nope borris obviously aint to blame for the virus. Xi is in terms of hiding the truth about it. But borris IS responsible for the massive and further increase in deaths across the UK because he diddnt close the borders as soon as this damn thing broke out.

Meh why do i care. It sucks that it only kills 60s+. I wish it killed Milennials and 30-40 year olds. Old people are just the cutest!😍
So you saying you hope I die from it as I am in my 30s then?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Never have Harold Macmillan’s words seemed truer:-

“Events, dear boy, events”
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't. A man with no morals, a man who lies on an industrial scale. No grasp of detail.
David Getling
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by David Getling)
He needs to allay all the panic by shaking hands with lots of people and going down the pub for a pint. I'd certainly do both with him to help diffuse this nonsense.
I now feel a lot less sorry for him, after he cancelled exams. What an evil, wicked thing to do to all those students who have worked so hard.
anonymouspie227
Report 3 weeks ago
He wanted to be prime minister, and that is a job through crisis aswell
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
I feel sorry for Boris personally, has gotta make a lot of tough calls etc I feel he is doing the best he can
Zero sympathy its a role he sought plus he has experts advising him and is being paid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads