The Student Room Group

Options choices

So I’m currently in S5 and am studying higher modern, history, English, maths and human biology. I want to go onto do politics/ international relations at uni in 2021, but have no idea what subjects to pick for S6. I wanted to pick higher politics or Advanced higher Modern studies but my school isn’t offering either of these next term. Any ideas what subjects would help for international relations or politics at uni?
Reply 1
Original post by lauren.mcd
So I’m currently in S5 and am studying higher modern, history, English, maths and human biology. I want to go onto do politics/ international relations at uni in 2021, but have no idea what subjects to pick for S6. I wanted to pick higher politics or Advanced higher Modern studies but my school isn’t offering either of these next term. Any ideas what subjects would help for international relations or politics at uni?

Advanced History, Advanced English. Higher Philosophy/RMPS and Higher French/German/Spanish.
Original post by lauren.mcd

I think Advanced Higher English and History would be beneficial, since they are essay-based subjects and require analytical skills. Can’t say much for History since I didn’t do Advanced Higher, but AH English was an enjoyable experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending