a level ocr biology E to B

Watch this thread
jasminepanesar
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i feel like im running out of time idek how to revise
member10101010
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
There is plenty of time to revise -
here are some ways of revising
- Make mind maps on A3 paper of the topics you are less confident on first - this allows you to see an overview of the topic and how they connect to one another - use colours and pictures to make it more interesting so you aren't just writing - try not to copy word for word your notes in class/the textbook as this can be very boring - although do of course use terminology as this is a heavily stressed element of the exams - use them in a way that makes sense to you.
- If there is a process you need to learn, for example the light dependent stage in photosynthesis - draw the diagram as many times as you can and try and do it from memory on a whiteboard or iPad until you don't need to look at your notes to complete it.
- Watch a youtube channel called 'BioRach' she by far has the best ocr bio revision videos for a level and explains things super easy. while you're watching, make notes, copy what she writes or says.
- read the textbook! might be really boring but do it one paragraph at a time and explain it to yourself after (you can do this in your head)
- quizlet for definitions there are many flashcards of all the definitions from the textbook - terminology is key
then do questions for that topic specifically after doing these things (from the textbook or exam questions form Physics and Maths Tutor are really good because they are organised by topic).
If you're still struggling, move onto another topic or subject then come back to it the next day because chances are you will remember it as It takes time to process your revision.
don't be disheartened if you complete the questions and find you got most of them wrong, this is was revision is about - you don't have to get 100% when doing practice questions and you learn from your mistakes - they are practice after all. what matters is the exam.
Hope everything works out well! here if you need any additional support with revision!
jasminepanesar
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by member10101010)
There is plenty of time to revise -
here are some ways of revising
- Make mind maps on A3 paper of the topics you are less confident on first - this allows you to see an overview of the topic and how they connect to one another - use colours and pictures to make it more interesting so you aren't just writing - try not to copy word for word your notes in class/the textbook as this can be very boring - although do of course use terminology as this is a heavily stressed element of the exams - use them in a way that makes sense to you.
- If there is a process you need to learn, for example the light dependent stage in photosynthesis - draw the diagram as many times as you can and try and do it from memory on a whiteboard or iPad until you don't need to look at your notes to complete it.
- Watch a youtube channel called 'BioRach' she by far has the best ocr bio revision videos for a level and explains things super easy. while you're watching, make notes, copy what she writes or says.
- read the textbook! might be really boring but do it one paragraph at a time and explain it to yourself after (you can do this in your head)
- quizlet for definitions there are many flashcards of all the definitions from the textbook - terminology is key
then do questions for that topic specifically after doing these things (from the textbook or exam questions form Physics and Maths Tutor are really good because they are organised by topic).
If you're still struggling, move onto another topic or subject then come back to it the next day because chances are you will remember it as It takes time to process your revision.
don't be disheartened if you complete the questions and find you got most of them wrong, this is was revision is about - you don't have to get 100% when doing practice questions and you learn from your mistakes - they are practice after all. what matters is the exam.
Hope everything works out well! here if you need any additional support with revision!
thank you so much omg !! this was v helpful omds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads