The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopefulsushi
Has anyone gotten an email about accommodation yet? Also what is Imperial's social life like (for medics specifically)? Is partying a big thing?

So someone said above that the least accurate perception of imperial is that the social life is bad and I would agree with them. The social life is actually really good at imperial, especially in the medical school. There are lots of events to go to, especially in first year where you probably have the most free time. In terms of partying, it's only a big thing if you want it to be. But yh don't worry, the medics are mostly pretty sociable and you will have more free time than you might think so plenty of time to enjoy doing thing
Just firmed imperial!
Hey guys! What clubs and societies are you all thinking of joining? And any particular reason?
Original post by Student+
Hey guys! What clubs and societies are you all thinking of joining? And any particular reason?

I’m definitely joining the St John LINKS society because I’m already a Cadet ☺️ you?
Original post by AortaStudyMore
So someone said above that the least accurate perception of imperial is that the social life is bad and I would agree with them. The social life is actually really good at imperial, especially in the medical school. There are lots of events to go to, especially in first year where you probably have the most free time. In terms of partying, it's only a big thing if you want it to be. But yh don't worry, the medics are mostly pretty sociable and you will have more free time than you might think so plenty of time to enjoy doing thing

Thanks!
Original post by usycool1
Yes - during your elective in the final year. There are also opportunities to do part of your BSc project abroad as well (but most stay in the U.K.).

Do you how electives work exactly? I tried looking it up but there wasnt any information on where u can choose to go and whether you need to find a placement urself or whether imperial gives u options for example. Do u know anything about this?
We only got our stethoscopes a couple of weeks ago, but got our iPads right at the start of the year
Original post by Dralfuture
Do you how electives work exactly? I tried looking it up but there wasnt any information on where u can choose to go and whether you need to find a placement urself or whether imperial gives u options for example. Do u know anything about this?

You can choose pretty much wherever to go, provided the location that you wish to go to isn't advised against by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. They will support you in organising it but a lot of it will be down to yourself.

If you fail finals though, you'll have to come back early to resit.
Reply 68
Did everyone get an email from Imperial International Recruitment about tomorrows webinar?
Because I'm worried that they have taken me to be an International student instead of a Home student.
You can choose pretty much wherever to go, provided the location that you wish to go to isn't advised against by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. They will support you in organising it but a lot of it will be down to yourself.

If you fail finals though, you'll have to come back early to resit.

Okay, thank you!
Yes - during your elective in the final year. There are also opportunities to do part of your BSc project abroad as well (but most stay in the U.K.).

Hi! Where is the information on doing a BSc abroad? I can't seem to find it! Thank you
Reply 71
Coolio thanks for the info!
Original post by AortaStudyMore
You'll probably start to have the very basic introductory lectures on like the thursday and friday of the second week of freshers. Before then will just be inductions and collecting lab coats and stethoscopes etc and everything else will be freshers events
Is 6 societies too much to join, I just can’t narrow down the ones I want to actively participate in any further
Original post by S-T26
Did everyone get an email from Imperial International Recruitment about tomorrows webinar?
Because I'm worried that they have taken me to be an International student instead of a Home student.

I did as well - I’m also a home student ☺️
Original post by baggagedood
Is 6 societies too much to join, I just can’t narrow down the ones I want to actively participate in any further

You do know we have classes and things as well 😂😂😂

Go talk to the people at freshers, you’ll find you hit it off with some more than others x
Reply 75
Original post by edgyqueen
you guys, the international recruitment thing has nothing to do with whether or not you’re an international student. emails under this name (“international recruitment”) are sent out to anyone watching ANY webinar on this app. i got sent an email from the same provider a couple of months ago when attending a webinar hosted by sgul. hope this clarified some things.

thank you 👍
Looking at how we're getting our A level results i dont think im going to meet my offer :/
Original post by Unknown-02
Looking at how we're getting our A level results i dont think im going to meet my offer :/

Same
Original post by Unknown-02

Original post by Student+
Same

I cannot begin to imagine your situation; however, I encourage you to be optimistic. If you were able to be offered a place in the first instance, everything would be alright. All you can do is to put your best foot forward in any assessments given to you. I know it is easier said than done but try as much as possible to focus on the things you can change and be hopeful!
The fact that people applying for medicine in selective schools especially will be ranked lower in their subjects than people applying for other degrees cos of preparing for BMAT, interviews etc causing them to do worse topic tests/mocks than they would usually for example. i know im going to be ranked lower than i should. And as your place in the ranking determines your grade idk how im going to get A*AA

Latest

Trending

Trending